2011 is my year, is it yours too???

Options
Ok, so back in Oct. I made a commitment to lose the weight once and for all. I've stuck with it so far and want to keep it up through the year! I WILL reach my goal of -100 by my 29th bday and keep going from there!

Anyway, I am going to make a challenge that starts today (official weigh in is on Monday). The first Monday of every month take a photo of yourself, each week on Monday we'll weigh in. On July 4, 2011 (just happens to be the first Monday). We will all post our pictures from January - July and our weight loss for then, we'll start over from July through January of 2012. Even if at that point you've lost all your weight and just want to maintain or change your body fat, etc.

I think we should make short term and long term goals for that time period, ex: state how many pounds you want to lose from Jan 3 to Feb 7 and how many pounds you want to lose from Jan 3 to July 4. Then we can make goals for each week such as working on water, workouts, cutting back certain foods, etc.

So, I'll start with mine.

Name: Courtney (Skinnyby29)
Total loss from Jan through July: 52 lbs
Loss from Jan to Feb: 10 lbs
Food goals: No fast food (subway is ok once)
Get all my water in
Limit coke zero to 2 a day
Exercise goals: Workout 6 days a week, Power 90 on Mon, Wed and Fri and Cardio the other 3 days
Non weight loss goal: Make sure house is clean everyday before bed - no leaving dishes for next day or anything! (hate cleaning, but hate waking up to things unfinished even more!)

After we get people all signed up, I'll make a spreadsheet on Monday with everyone's names and keep track of it weekly from there!

Good luck to everyone on all your goals this year!

Replies

• carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm in. I could use all the help and challenges to keep me accountable for what I'm doing. I'm not sure about the picture thing though, I'm still not very comfortable with taking pics of myself. It's always the kids, I'm usually the one behind the camera.

Name: Carleen (carcar63)

Total loss from Jan through July: 50 lbs

Loss from Jan to Feb: 10 lbs
    Food goals: No fast food, eat more fruits and vegies, drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. watch portion controls

Exercise goals: Workout 6 days a week 1hr min cardio & strength training

Non weight loss goal: Make sure house is clean everyday before bed - no leaving dishes for next day or anything! (hate cleaning, but hate waking up to things unfinished even more!)

I'm going to copy your non wieght loss goal, since that's exactly how I feel. I HATE :grumble: waking up to dishes in the sink and stuff all over the house. Drive me crazy
  • dshea55
    dshea55 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well I am in!!

Name: Donna (dshea55)

Total loss from Jan Through July 30 lbs

Los from Jan to Feb,- 4 to 6 lbs

Food Goals- limit fast food, Remember to eat and monitor what I eat (no mindless snacking) Drink water

Exercise goals- work out a min of 30 min 5 days a week (but aim for longer!)

Non-weight related goals- keeping up with the house cleaning and get my son more involved since he actually wants to help!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad you guys are joining me :) Don't forget to take pics and if I didn't post this originally but measurements is very important, so I will definitely be taking my measurements!
  • dshea55
    dshea55 Posts: 14
    Options
    Measurements of where? personally once a month i take my bust, chest, arms, legs, waist and tummy. so is it those or different ones?
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    okay, blew the no fast food thing . Had to take son to ER :noway: , kids were hungry so stopped at McD's for chicken wraps.
    Okay, so starting tomorrow, NO FAST FOOD, besides the cost of it being crazy I could make the same stuff cheaper and healthier.
    Oh, my son is okay, he got 3 stitches, lost a toe nail, extended is winter break by one more day