Looking for some healthy low-calorie snacks

Options
cptutorow
cptutorow Posts: 33 Member
Hey, I'm new here and I'm looking for some serious snackage lol so I don't feel hungry all day long, and I don't go over all my calorie count! I would appreciate a variety of foods, thank you!

Replies

• Taramarie75
    Taramarie75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    any veggie cut to snack size and use fage Greek yougurt as a dip
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    eggs, kashi bars, protein bars, carrots and ranch, pb and a apple.
  • karenfallison
    karenfallison Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hummus & carrots, small apple, string cheese, strawberries & blueberries in low calorie greek yogurt, yum, this one reminds me of a parfait, celery & peanut butter, did I say hummus, I love hummas!
  • karenfallison
    karenfallison Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    BTW, my diary is open :drinker:
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Apples or carrots and low sugar peanut butter, make it yourself smoothie, hard boiled eggs, mini gold fish crackers---you can eat
    like 30 of these for about 2 fat grams, lol something like that. Cheese and fishy crackers. Skinny cow popsicles, or snacks. Sunflower seeds--it takes a really long time to eat a tablespoon full lol. Good luck!
  • arielyaoi
    Options
    I love to snack on fruits such as strawberries and cherries or grapes. Cherry tomatoes also do the trick for me
  • kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Kashi sea salt and olive oil hummus crisps (YUMMY!), fresh strawberries, Edamame with a little salt.
  • Dallymomma
    Options
    Hummus & carrots, small apple, string cheese, strawberries & blueberries in low calorie greek yogurt, yum, this one reminds me of a parfait, celery & peanut butter, did I say hummus, I love hummas!

This is how I snack , except minus the greek yogurt part (just regular yogurt for me) since I don't like that stuff.
    I'd add celery, whatever fruit you have on hand. I always have frozen blueberries stashed away (add a tbsp of chocolate syrup and you have a great sweet snack/dessert fit for any sweet tooth).
  • Tildy828
    Tildy828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Babybel white cheddar cheese round, yogurt lite, strawberries---1 cup = 45 calories! Grapes, monzerella cheese stick.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese spread on celery
    Low Sodium Almonds
    Apple
    Banana
    Greek Yogurt
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Quest Bar (Apple Pie is my favorite)
  • lrearick1452
    Options
    frozen yogurt--put the yogurt cup in the freezer! SF jello with fruit, strawberries dipped in splenda, celery filled with fruited cream cheese, air popped popcorn sprayed with pan spray and sprinkled with cheese powder; jicima, radish, rutabaga, or turnip sticks and fruited yogurt or low fat dip, half a multi-grain English muffin with sugar free jelly/jam, frozen grapes (literally freeze the grapes), fruit & veggie smoothies-emphasis on veggies, sugar free Popsicles/fudgesicles; cucumbers, green and yellow bell peppers and red onions in a lite vinaigrette, vinegar based coleslaw, Carrot, raisin (or craisin), & crushed pineapple salad, and I'm sure you'll find more.
  • AMM160981
    AMM160981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I discovered Graze.com a few months ago. They send you 4 snacks (either every week or every two weeks) per box and each box is $6. I LOVE these for snacking because I dont always have to eat the same thing and everything is portioned and HEALTHY. There are two types of boxes you can order, a low-cal box or a regular graze box which both offer great options. I think the highest calories thing I have had is nuts or granola bars for like 230 cals. Definitely worth looking into
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my first Graze box. They are $6 and they are running a promo to try out your first box for $1. While I haven't tried the actual snacks yet I have heard good things. After you sign up you can go through all the snacks and pick out which ones to try, which ones to trash (you don't like them), which ones you like and which ones you love. They have little symbols on the website that mark the low cal ones. I am excited for my first box, as I think they are priced fairly!
  • calabrian812
    Options
    After having my daughter I developed one heck of a sweet tooth, one of my new favorite things to nibble on is roasted pumpkin seeds drizzled with honey and orange zest. It's packed with protein and has a nice sweet taste with a pleasant tang from the citrus.
    If I'm wanting something saltier, I make a batch of baked veggie chips and season them with sea salt, garlic powder, cumin and a dash of cayenne. I'll eat them like that or dip them in guacamole or spicy black bean dip. Have fun with making snacks and be creative. Check out recipes and add you're own twist. You'd be amazed at what you can come up with. Good luck.:)