Getting it right this time.

Options
2»

Replies

• Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude bressk =) it looks like we're wanting to lose about the same amount, feel free to add me and we can keep each other on track!
  • TiarraJ926
    Options
    I am in the same position as you. I am 23 with 50+ pounds to lose. Previously, I would always make excuses. But not anymore I am motivated and will not allow anyone or anything to stop me especially something as small as food. Please feel free to add me. I love having people for support. :)
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    So here's my post on here for the day, I don't know what to do at the gym!! I am on an off day for Zombies! Run and am not sure if I still want to do cardio today or if i should do some weight training? Thoughts? Suggestions? If I did weight training the areas i'd like to work on are arms, chest, and back.. any good lifts for those?? ugh....
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a routine like Starting Strength, Stronglifts or new rules of lifting for women.

These are aimed at giving you a good base of strength - an ideal start to then focusing on specific areas if that's your intent.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    a wise person once told me "you can't out exercise your fork"

I use that daily to remind me to be vigilent about what I put in my mouth
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    My diary and weight log suggests otherwise :).

Ok - to be fair, I DO have to restrain myself. But we're talking the sort of restraint that saw me eating almost 4000 calories on Sunday, including a whole tub of ice cream, crisps, chocolate, custard and so on.

Of course, I made sure I had burnt the calories BEFORE (I was cycling to the next town to do some stuff to my van at a friend's house - probably could have taken the bus or a train, but it'd have taken just as long and cost me.

Oh and that was one of my eating UNDER net calories days!
  • kalypso18
    kalypso18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am ALSO restarting after finding myself at my highest weight to date. I am 34 and hoping to lose 60 lbs. Please add me as a friend! My Diary is open because I am done hiding.
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    =) Didn't post yesterday, oops! But I had a KILLER work out today!! and by killer I mean I'm pretty sure I'm dying.. haha! I ran week 3 workout 1 of Zombies! Run! and i was seriously drenched when I left the gym... My HRM clocked me at 788 calories for just under an hour of running... which is good because I went way OVER my caloric goal!! =P Hope everyone is working hard and had a fantastic May Day!
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    Hooray!! NSV, I had to tighten my belt another notch today!!! =D
  • HaraldurB
    HaraldurB Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well done!! :smile:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    It took me more years than you've been alive to finally get this... wow thats scary!

I've slipped up in the last month and I'm Done with slipping up and excuses! 5:30 am, in my living room, 5-6 days a week! (ok the 6th I get to sleep in) one job, one business, one husband, two kids.... I'm still doing it! No Excuses. Never give up!!!!!
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    Here's my post for the day, I ran a Spartan....and it was AWESOME!!!! I finished! Was a little bummed I didnt get my "goal" time of under 2 hours.. but i was only a little off!! I think it was about 2:15, 2:20ish..!! Not bad!! It was such a great experience and is a major reason for not logging food today! I didn't eat very much because I was so excited it was making me sick!! But I am having a nice bowl of pasta now! Yum! 7 hours of driving and running the 4.5 mile military sprint (ya it was longer AND had 25 obstacles!!!) I am EXHAUSTED!! I hope everyone else had a wonderful Star Wars day!!! I sure did! (and was sure to run in a darth vadar shirt =))