getting started

Options
Just starting my journey....starting with 50 pounds and then I will set my next goal. Looking for support!

Replies

• NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Knowledge is power! Research your butt off about what foods to eat, when to eat them, etc. Plenty of cardio and weight training, and the weight will melt off.

Get a tape measure aswell, that'll be your best friend!

Good luck!!
  • mommy1364
    mommy1364 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i just started using MFP and I'm a little confused. My daily calorie intake is 1200, which if fine, but I'm reading on here about people "eating back calories burned." That just seems a little counter active to me. Can someone explain it a little better?
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    By eating the calories you burned, you're helping your body with recovery. Not only that, but once you've done cardio, especially in the morning, your metabolism burns for a heck of a long time. Plus, 1200 cals is slightly low, but then again, if that's fine by you, so be it :)

Some people eat their calories back, some don't. Me personally, I do. Especially after a weight training session.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You have to take in what your body burns. If your intake is calculated for 1200, that is what your body needs just to sustain itself through regular activity. When you add exercise, you are consuming more than what your body needs, so you need to replenish that. If you do not fuel your body properly, then you will not receive the results you want as effectively. Does that help?
  • mommy1364
    mommy1364 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yes it does! thank you both for replying.:smile: