Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Well, I'm going to break down and buy a heart rate monitor.....I'd like you to tell me which brand you have, and why you like that particular one. Even after all of my research, I'm still confused about which one to buy.
Thanks!

Replies

• ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm going to watch this thread, I'm interested in getting one too - esp with the calorie burned feature.
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    http://www.woot.com/

$15 +$5 shipping. today only
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Me too. I seen two different ones at Wal-Mart that looked okay...one was only $38. Let's see what everyone thinks.
  • graes
    graes Posts: 1
    Options
    I think that the best HR monitors are Polar but they do tend to be the most expensive so it depends how often you plan to use it and under what conditions. For example Polar can be used in the swimming pool.

With the top range Polar ones they can be downloaded into your computer so you can keep a record of your training, my wife has one and she loves looking at her heart rate graph and calories consumed per week.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I bought a Sportsline one at walmart and hated it. I actually took it back. Then i got the Polar FT7 and it was worth the wait for it. very awesome! i was hesitant on the chest strap being annoying but I honestly don't even feel it on me.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I have/had (lost the transmitter) a Polar and loved it. It was about $100. It was the pink square one. It worked great and burned calories great but since losing the transmitter I have had to get a new one. Yesterday I bought the New Balance N4 at Target for $70. I used it for the first time today and have no complaints it seems to work just as well as my Polar but cheaper, and I like that the New Balance chest strap has the transmitter built into it and you can change the battery yourself. I'm sure now that i bought a new one I will probably find where the cat hid the transmitter to the other. I would definitely recommend getting one with a chest strap (they really aren't that much of a nuisance) because you get a better read out on your heart rate.

Good luck.
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it. Keeps accurate count (when against the machines at the gym) so I know I can rely on the machines if I leave my HRM at home and I can rely on the HRM when I am just exercising at home. I did see on TV the other day they did a road test on HRM's. The Polar came up the best and easiest to use, sorry I can't remember the show I saw it on - it wasn't a gimmicky advertisement show either. Yes I suppose they are a little more expensive, but you buy the cheaper ones and sometimes they don't do what you really want it for, or last as long.
  • 66PollyAnna
    66PollyAnna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 and love it. Super easy to use and have had no problems with it in pool. Found it at academy sports for about $60. Go back and search heart rate monitor for previous threads and member reviews.