the fat loves my body

Options
I've been pushing myself for two months 5x a week and eating so much better than I used to. I know weight loss takes quite a bit of time but I've lost not one pound... not even one. I can handle losing 1-2lbs every two weeks or hell even a month but to lose nothing at all.... I feel so discouraged.

My question is has anyone else had this problem? What did you change or eat differently to make some of the weight come off?

I dont drink soda, I very rarely drink juice, and I have candy MAYBE once a week....
No red meat and I'm not a fan of bacon....

HELP

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Hard to help with a closed diary.

My gut feel though... accuracy of estimation. Are you weighing food? How are you estimating burn? (HRM, or MFP estimates, or something else?)

If you're not weighing food, do. If you're using mfp estimates for burn, consider either trimming a bit off, or getting an HRM to help. (Of course HRMs just give estimates too, but at least they're estimates based on some of your personal bio data).
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat? If so and you're sticking to it, then you're not at a deficit and need to lower your calories. I have a coworker who was complaining about stalled weight loss when she's been eating really healthy. Well, I watched her eat easily 6 full servings of nuts. Healthy, yes, but way too much! Cows get fat on grass. People can get fat on healthy food too.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention how many calories you're eating, your BMR, age, weight, height....all of this information would help a lot. Also, are you weighing and measuring all of your food? Are you logging every single day?

If you're eating at a calorie deficit, you should be losing. If you're not losing, it sounds as if you're not eating at a deficit.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    No open diary, and no mention of calories in or out. Hard to help at this point.

Edit now that diary is open: You are WAY overestimating your exercise calories.
  • Kim061865
    Kim061865 Posts: 13
    Options
    I was in the same boat! What about water? Drink lots of water. If you get discouraged message me and I will tell you how I got back on track!

Kim
  • Gamer_2k4
    Gamer_2k4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat? If so and you're sticking to it, then you're not at a deficit and need to lower your calories. I have a coworker who was complaining about stalled weight loss when she's been eating really healthy. Well, I watched her eat easily 6 full servings of nuts. Healthy, yes, but way too much! Cows get fat on grass. People can get fat on healthy food too.
    Pretty much this. Look at the nutrition facts on things that "health" stores, like Trader Joe's, Outpost, Whole Foods, etc. sell. You might be surprised at how many calories are in some of their foods.

Also, you say you're pushing yourself hard, which I assume means working out. I hear MFP overestimates calories, so just log half the exercise you do. If you run an hour, put down half an hour. It's going to be tough at first (because you'll find out very quickly that truly being at a caloric deficit is pretty unpleasant), but you're going to see results.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cows get fat on grass. People can get fat on healthy food too.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    So true. So great.
  • Jordan_Gregers
    Jordan_Gregers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    What kinds of workouts are you doing, I noticed there are a lot of calories burned per day (upwards of 1200). Just as a benchmark, an 180 lb person has to run about 9 miles (about an hour and a half depending on your speed) to get that kind of burn... Could you be overestimating your expenditure a bit?

Good luck :)

-J
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    OP, what are you actually doing for all that time and calories that you log as "calisthenics"?
  • Love_cup
    Love_cup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry I thought my diary was open... I'll change that now. I go by my Macros so its 2044 calories a day. I work out 2 -3 hours a day and burn any where from 500 - 800 calories... I've only made the 2044 calories maybe twice... i find it hard to eat close to that amount. I was eating 1,300 before meeting my personal trainer a month ago. Thats when he said i needed to find my Macros and from there its been 2044. I wasnt losing any weight with the 1,300 either so I'm just not sure whats going on.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have a lot of half-logged or un-logged days in the past month (unless you really are eating less than 1000 calories some days). For some people it's not a problem to go a few days without logging, but when your weight loss stalls that's one of the easiest changes to make to see what's going wrong. Log your food, accurately and completely.
  • Love_cup
    Options
    I do cardio for an hour and a half so thats usually 350, than i do an hour and a half of weights.... sucks and I'm sore all the time but its beyond worth it
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what specific foods you're eating or even how often you exercise. All that matters is that you have a caloric deficit. There are a lot of missing entries in your diary. If you're not logging everything, you can't be certain you have a caloric deficit.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a calorie deficit to lose weight so if you're not losing you're not eating a deficit. You might not have calculated your calorie goal correctly, underestimating your food calories, overestimating your exercise calories or all of the above.

-Calculate your TDEE http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    -Eat a 15-20% deficit
    -Weigh your food - it is much more accurate than measuring
    -Research how to track your exercise correctly (for example, I weight lift and use a calculator so I can put my stats in)
    -If you use MFP's exercise estimates, only eat about 50-75% of the calories back as MFP tends to overestimate calories
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    I do cardio for an hour and a half so thats usually 350, than i do an hour and a half of weights.... sucks and I'm sore all the time but its beyond worth it

Did your trainer set you up to eat that many calories? He/she probably doesn't want you eating and logging exercise calories then. You may want to clear that up.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    As people have already said, way, way overestimating on calorie burn. You don't genuinely burn that much walking at 2.5 mph - that's a massive MFP overestimate. And the 'vigorous effort' calasthenics is almost certainly more like moderate effort, as the 'vigorous' is the kind of burn you'd get from the high intervals in HIIT. No way you're maintaining that for 70minutes....

I think this is your issue.

And if your burn estimates are this far out, I'd put money on your intake being higher than you think, too.

Get your measurements sharper. Fat doesn't love anyone. Weightloss is an equation. If the numbers aren't working out, then probably the numbers are wrong....
  • Love_cup
    Options
    I tend to finish my diary later at night and forget to press complete entry... that would also help... wasn't taking that into consideration. I'm 24, 236, and last time they checked i was 38% body fat. I'll start completing my entries so people can see. I usually range between 1,500 to 1,800 calories a day... some days are better than most. I tend to eat the worst when its.. that time of the month but I try to work it off the best i can.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Id recommend an HRM as well to really determine your calorie burn numbers.
  • philipfoster76
    philipfoster76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No one else has mentioned this yet...but measure yourself, neck, waist and such.
    If you are working out as hard as you have listed, you have a lot more than just fat loss going on with your body.

When I started, I lost heavily the first few weeks, then started Jiu Jitsu and stalled for almost a month.
    I was at my wits end until the morning of week three, when I realized my belt was buckling a full notch tighter.

Since then, I have faith that if all else is good, then when I'm not losing pounds, I'm more than likely losing inches as my body changes that fat into muscle.

Best of luck!
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just signed on on Sun. Tired of the weight gain in the last couple years. I am starting out by cutting my meals in half. A START. I am an ice cream addict. No portion control. Cutting that out at least until I have trained myself that you don't have to finish everything on your plate. One day at a time.