grocery shopping

Options
Im going grocery shopping tomorrow, what's your favorite healthy snack or meal? Thanks!!

Replies

• benbidder
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. Sometimes I mix in a little honey and use it as a fruit dip. Not that fruit needs a dip, but still. ;)
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I really like apples and peanut butter. It has to be Jiff. Of course you only eat a little peanut butter. This is my favorite. I eat it as a snack all the time.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm such a huge fan of baby carrots with hummus. It's so good, healthy, and filling. :)

As for meals, I'm a big fan of all-in-one meals: stir frys; rice mixed with protein and veggies; soups, etc.
  • Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I heard a great tip once. When you are at the supermarket spend most of your time in the outside aisles and the smallest amount of time in the inner ones. All the good healthy least processed stuff is around the walls. Meat, fruit and veg, dairy items in fridges etc. But the not so good stuff - sweet, heavily processed things are in all those inner aisles.
    Oh and a few more things- take a list, don't shop when hungry and keep your time in the supermarket to 30 mins max -after that you spend more and start buying unnecessary things! Happy shopping!
  • shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Apples and string cheese

Laughing Cow is good on everything

Peanut butter in a low carb/high fiber wrap

Trader Joe's egg salad (by the hummus and dips)
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    Spring salad mix with fresh strawberries and raspberry viniagrette. It's delicious!
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Options
    Somethings make me smile

Greek yoghurt (actually it's Turkish); most of the time contains like 10% fat, that makes it delicious

Humus: made with sesame oil and chickpeas... ok, it;s healthy fat, but it's still fat!
  • allmanro
    allmanro Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CLEMENTINES~~ by the crate! at only 30 cal they're are perfect! and yummy! Also try getting some toastines and cutting up tomatoes and fresh mozz, add a little basil or parsley, so good and a great dinner for only 245cal!

Cherries are a good snack too!
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots. I also like buying fresh spinach for my sandwiches instead of lettuce.
  • countjackula
    Options
    Im going grocery shopping tomorrow, what's your favorite healthy snack or meal? Thanks!!

Favorite snacks: almonds or celery

Favorite meal: (easiest) grilled chicken + steamed veggies + rice/quinoa.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate almond milk & Sprouts vanilla wafers