How long does it take to see results when starting MFP?

Options
Okay so I'm just starting to be dedicated and use MFP calorie counter. I want to know how long it took everyone at their starting weight to first see results.

Replies

• muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Share. I am new. What is MFP?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I started to see results right away and had a big drop my first week. Some people will go two or three weeks before they see movement on the scale.
  • diannethegeek
    Options

MyFitnessPal - it's the website that you're posting on right now
  • nunu2710
    nunu2710 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im only using MFP for a week but calorie counting for 2 weeks and im down 9 lbs!

slow and steady!:bigsmile:
  • muggzie399
    Options

MyFitnessPal - it's the website that you're posting on right now OH, LOL! Told you I was new.
  • muggzie399
    Options
    Oh! I will catch on. This very new to me. Blogging. Want to get in the swing of things
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Oh! I will catch on. This very new to me. Blogging. Want to get in the swing of things

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of things!

This might be a useful post for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6?hl=list+of+terms
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If by results you mean the scale going down I'd say it took me about 7 weeks.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My first full week on My Fitness Pal, I lost about 5 pounds, which had never happened so fast in my life. It's slowed down a lot since then - I now average about 6 pounds a month.