Heart Rate Monitor

Options
So my birthday is a month away and I have decided to ask for a heart rate monitor. What is a good one? Preferrably under $100. Where did you get yours?

Replies

• marniehodges
    Options
    My husband got me a Polar FT7 for Christmas and I love it! Definately try to get one with the chest strap that monitors your heart rate. Mine was right around $100 but you might check Amazon.com; they were running some great deals before Christmas and might still be. Good luck! You will love having one!
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My son found mine at sears, was $100 marked down to $20, its a polar F6, comes with a chest strap too
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Polar has alot of models around or under $100. I have heard great things about the F6. I'm going to buy one tomorrow. I will let you know!
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Polar is awesome! You definitely want one with a chest strap! I got mine off eBay.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I've got a Polar F4 and I love it!
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    I got the Polar F6 today at Sears origianally $110 for $20.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    F6 and I love it :)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar F4 for Christmas and LOVE it! The hubs said he got it brand new on Ebay. There were a lot of great reviews so I went with this one for now. The chest strap is so comfy......today I forgot I had one on! Good luck!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    I bought a brand-new one off of eBay, and don't even have it yet. I'm expecting it any day. I honestly can't remember what kind it is. However, as I read all the posts here saying to definitely get one with a chest strap, I hope I didn't make a mistake. The one I ordered is like a watch. Oh well. If it's a mistake, it's only a $20 mistake.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I was going to buy the F6 and the reason I didn't is because it doesn't have a user-replaceable battery. Go for a newer model like the FT7. Polar watches last about a year before needing to have their battery replaced and it requires you to spend money and send it away to Polar which means you're without your monitor for several weeks. Only reason I didn't buy the F6.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I bought a brand-new one off of eBay, and don't even have it yet. I'm expecting it any day. I honestly can't remember what kind it is. However, as I read all the posts here saying to definitely get one with a chest strap, I hope I didn't make a mistake. The one I ordered is like a watch. Oh well. If it's a mistake, it's only a $20 mistake.

Huge mistake. Without the chest strap is just entirely useless. It's the equivalent of testing it yourself by taking your pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying by 4. The watch won't count calories burned and things because it doesn't know your heart rate to actually calculate it properly. You're right though, 20 won't kill you but it's still a waste.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I got a bearer pm70 with chest strap and speedbox FANTASTIC, the speedbox gives me my running speed and distance and I clip my hrm to my pc and then can play with all my data I tell you it is GOOOOOOOOD