Mini Motivation Workout Challenge!! 1-1-11

Options
Happy new year to everyone!! Whats not making me so 'happy' about today? MY GYM IS CLOSED!!

So I'm thinking my puppy and I will hit the streets for some walk/run fun haha.. I'm sort of lacking motivation.. sooo does anybody who hasn't got in their workout yet today (or those of us who weren't really planning on working out today hehe) want to join me for this mini challenge? Get off your butt and work out!!

Check back in after your workout to let me know how you did! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ksyrnyk
    ksyrnyk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Funny, my husband and I were just having the same conversation about our gym being closed.
    I opted for a treadmill run - just completed 3.2 miles, so I'm okay with that. My husband chipped all
    the snow off our driveway and that little stint earned him 219 calories.
    Happy New Year, and best wishes!
    Ksyrnyk
  • katiewcurlz
    Options
    I also live where there's snow - and a lot of wind today (Wisconsin) - and I made the mistake of telling my husband I needed help being held accountable. So while I'm comfy on my couch this afternoon catching up on ZZZ's from last night, he announces that we're "going for a little jog." And it was little - to him - just a mile or so. But it felt good to get up and get moving! A good start to 2011!
  • plumeria913
    Options
    my gym was open and packed with people taking tours and buying new memberships . . . . i'm so surprised any gym would be closed today :tongue:

great job getting out to do something! I'm sure Zoo is happy too!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    LAME about your gym!

We bought a really nice Elliptical machine because with my 3 year old and my baby, 8 months, its just really hard for me to get out to the gym. But, I have a pounding headache today so once my Motrin kicks in I will be hopping on it for a work out.

Have a great walk with your puppy! Its SOOOOO cold here today, like in he 20's... my 3 year old will not go outside. haha

:flowerforyou:
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I'm headed out the door with my Ipod and walking shoes. My husband just left for golf and I can't go with him, so I will not be stuck at home doing nothing. Not sure how far I will go, but I have stocked some pretty good tunes on there and am sure a couple of miles will make me feel great! Thanks for the mini challenge!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So my puppy Zoo and I walked down to the high school track which is a little over a mile. Ran a mile on the track and walked back home. When we got home i did 50 pushups (girly pushups hehe) and 50 situps! Just glad to have done something today after being super sick for 2 days!!

Plumeria- Zoo had tons of fun!! he loves the track!! He's sooooo dirty, needs a bath big time!

010ba.jpg
  • Aquamarine7
    Options
    It is pouring outside here in Florida so me and the kiddos went on the porch and did jumping jacks and I did 100 on the ab lounger. It's a start LOL.
  • frenchfri87
    Options
    Great job Sprite! Any exercise is better than nothing at all. I was super fortunate that it was 45 degrees here in NY today. Sounds like the weather was pretty lame everywhere else!
  • plumeria913
    Options
    cute Zoo! awwwwwwww he looks so happy! we're taking the dogs out tonight, it's so nice here today - like 50 yea!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I was just saying that I need to get off my behind and exercise, and then I clicked on this link!! Thanks for the little push! I'm going to go work out, I'll be back in a while to report what I end up doing!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Okay. Burned 178 calories, and now I feel like I'm going to die!!!!
  • frenchfri87
    Options
    great job sarah!! :flowerforyou:
  • maru09
    maru09 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the little push! Let´s go to start!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Well, I am now done with the challenge, set out for a walk and ended up hiking 3 miles on a level 5 hike... It was glorious! I will be sore in the morning:glasses: Thanks again for the challenge.
  • frenchfri87
    Options
    awesome job legacysh.. a hike sounds fantastic. If its nice out tomorrow I might go on one myself! :flowerforyou:
  • Aquamarine7
    Options
    Thanx Frenchfri :smile:
  • maru09
    Options
    Start today with the madness of shaun t wait to download weekly weight fails photos and thanks for the motivation.;)
  • maru09
    Options
    today day 1 shaun t