2 NSVs to share :)

Options
cfl68
cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
First - The look on the doctors face when she compared last yrs weight to this year. Even better when I told her I had gained 20 lbs on top of that weight by end of last year. Eyes bugging out. - priceless. Lol.

Next- Goal for April was to lose another 3% BF. Well as of this am, I'm down 5% from 19.6% to 14.7% BF. Started process Jan 1 @ 30.3%.

BIG SMILES TODAY. Keep working hard everyone and keep supporting your fellow MFP pals. The hard work pays off and the constant encouragement from others is invaluable. :D

I am going to look smoking for my engagement photos in June :D

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!

On the subject of doctors...I haven't had a general practitioner since I weighed 307. He's moved out of the area and all of my records were destroyed in a tornado. It makes me oddly NUTS that I don't have a doctor to impress with my loss. hehe I feel like when I get a new doctor they will see my weight of like 180 lb and I'll tell them how much I've lost and it will have no impact or they will think I'm exaggerating :-D
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those are amazing NSVs!!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    What's an NSV? (Geez, these pesky acronyms!)
  • luv3babies
    luv3babies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    NSV- No Scale Victory
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow - WAY TO GO!!!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome! tell me how you dropped your BF% and how long it took?
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    proud doctor and patient of course!
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The sad part is, it's not rocket science. All these years of trying different things and going up and down on the scale. End of the day it comes down to 2 steps:

1. Monitoring your macros. If you meet the recommended percentages based on your goals, you will not go over in calories and will be eating the right amounts of Carbs/fats/protein. All of which are needed.

2. Burning calories - I dropped a lot of the weight with cardio w/ little lifting. (dropped to pounds but not so much the BF as I wasn't maintaining my lean muscle.) Once I got to my goal Is started lifting. Bought an adjustable bench and some dumbbells. That's it. Since then I have maintained my weight but measurements really changing. Arms, chest, legs all gaining, while stomach and hips losing. Things "starting" to peak through now LOL!!!!

GL
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!