Back after a "Break"

Options
Hi All,

I'm a 40 year old female that just got out of the hospital for a possible TIA (mini stroke). For those that don't know, this is almost unheard of. Needless to say, my follow-up appointment with my doctor wasn't pleasant this afternoon. I was told I MUST be down 25lbs by September 2nd. 18 weeks, or roughly 1.3lbs per week.

I used MFP in 2011 and had success, so I decided to log back in and start again. If you would like some support along the way, I would love a friend request. It always makes this process easier when you have support.

Thanks & best wishes to everyone who reads!

Kerri

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi! A fellow Buckeye here! You can add me for support. Wow, having a stroke is scary, at 40 thats terrifying! You can do this!! But Do it slowly!
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! They still aren't positive it was a stroke, but I'll tell you what - it woke me up. The lbs I gained with my daughter need to come off. And I need to start being healthier, period.
  • mom2jia
    mom2jia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Wow that does sounds scary!! I'm 40 and trying to stay motivated to lose and get fit. Feel free to add me

Nicky
  • NetflixFitness87
    Options
    Hi Kerri,

Wow, so sorry to hear of your recent health scare. I guess doctors orders to better your health is serious stuff. I will be here for support.

I am new (back from a hiatus) as well and looking for some pals too!

Laura
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love the support MFP provides us.