Pea Protien

Options
CuAlMc
CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
is there anything that I can add to make the flavour of the natural pea protein flavour change a little bit. My local shop didn't have the flavoured ones and hubby just got me the plain one. I can get the drink down but I ususally skull it. I just think it taste weird being cold. could I use warm water to try and make it like a soup or wouldn't this work

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ummm stop drinking it and find a different one like chocolate …

what is pea protein anyway? Like peas the vegetable..?????
  • CuAlMc
    Options
    Yeah but when the bag cost me over $45aud I cant really just through it out.

its a protein powder.

I have seen a nutritionist and am on a plan through her and don't see her again till next week so trying to get some ideas to make it more drinkable
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Pea protein is nasty. Add it to green smoothies.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Yeah but when the bag cost me over $45aud I cant really just through it out.

its a protein powder.

I have seen a nutritionist and am on a plan through her and don't see her again till next week so trying to get some ideas to make it more drinkable

Add some hershey's chocolate syrup? Seriously though, get some whey protein...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You can definitely buy flavourings to add to your protein. I googled it quickly and this was the first result https://professionalwhey.com.au/category/organic-flavourings/

You can also bake with unflavoured pea protein. I was considering buying some for this purpose. Protein Pow has some great ideas here http://proteinpow.com/category/powder/pea

Other than that, you could try making a fruit smoothie with it.
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I add vanilla extract and frozen berries.
  • CuAlMc
    Options
    thanks everyone for the ideas