I binged SO SO badly today?

Options
What was your worst binge and how did you cope?

This sunday was the start of my third week! I've done pretty great (i think... the scale confuses me a lot) until today....

I've eaten healthy and even gave myself a cheat day every week... thing is, i never did it this bad like today...

The worst part is this stuff was homemade by my mom so i can't track the calories.

First I ate four or five squares of these cookie bread things topped with caramel.
Second, two chocolate popsicles
third, green tea coconut ice cream (sounds healthy but lots of sugar)
then i made airpopped popped corn and drenched it with a flavored oil to make lots of salt stick

what do i do? this is how most of my diets end.... I feel so sad... on top of that yesterday was my 'rest day' and so i haven't exercised since sunday... Should I today.

what should i do?? I'm just a confused 16 year old girl trying to lose weight.

Replies

• luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    What do you do? You call it a vacation day and get back on the wagon. Everyone does it. Someone here once said you do not fail unless you quit. If you don't quit, you haven't failed.

Get back in the game! Don't give up.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Breathe, take a step back and start fresh tomorrow.
    DO NOT try to restrict your calories to make up for your binge. It will only lead to more binges. Believe me, I know from experience as I have been suffering from binge eating for the past two weeks and reached my highest of 5,000 calories today.

You can do this, everyday is a new day and use it a reset button.
  • sugaryglam
    Options
    ugh i no exactly what you mean and am going through the same thing, im on week 2 today and im trying to lose a pound per week and i havnt even really given myself a cheat day though. Today i started out good but went to chipotle i felt like a fat *kitten* but i changed some of the ingredients, brown rice instead of white, vegetables, avocado, and beef for protien and black beens and after that my calorie counter said it was so much i can only have 120 calories before i reach my limit but thankgod i worked out for an hour after that. I couldnt help it, we all binge but there are some things that can help slow it down like having inspirational pictures of fit girls and then once you see that morning and night it gets in your head thats gonna be soon i have to stay strong, then i heard especially at night have a glass of water by your bed and that helps bring down cravings.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    C'est La Vie. Fall down 7 times get up 8!
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago I ate 7 tacos for dinner. I was so full and miserable after eating all of them. It didn't affect my weight loss any. A mistake here and there is no big deal.

And that's not even the most I've eaten. Before I started losing weight, I could put down 12-15 tacos. I could never eat that much now without great pain and vomiting.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So MANY people experience the same thing.

A bad meal turns into a bad day....
    A bad day turns into a bad week....
    Next thing you know it's been years since you logged and your "at your highest ever!"

The best thing to do is to stop the cycle. Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, or a bad week, or a bad year. Try to take emotion out of it. Your self-worth is NOT tied to the number on the scale nor to the food or calories consumed. If you take away the guilt, you are less likely to let a bad choice turn into a series of bad choices.

I've gone over my caloric budget before. I log accurately, and I move on.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Realize that one day of binging isn't the end of the world. A lot of it will pass thru your body and not stick to the hips.

Then resolve to do better tomorrow.

For me, my mind often tries to convience me that if I eat protein foods, then it isn't so bad to binge. But the next day when I get on the scale...I know it was all a lie.:sad:
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do it from time to time - sometimes because they have been sticking to too low a calorie deficit. Keep your head up - what IS wrong is constantly fretting, hating yourself and putting yourself down because of it. Do better tomorrow. :smile:

My binges usually consist of tiny pieces of everything. Say, I'll have half a tin of soup, a slice of bread, slices of meat, few spoonfuls of porridge, half a cereal bar, half a different cereal bar, a scoop of ice cream.... Yeah you get the picture. I'm like a mouse. :indifferent: