Binge eating, etc.. HELP :(

Options
Hello all,

First, I'd like to discuss my diet. As of right now, I'm 19 years old, 5'4", and about 130 pounds. I'm not very active because I'm in college, and I'm trying to lose 15 pounds by August so that I'll be thin and lovely for a family trip to Puerto Rico!! I'm limiting my caloric intake to 843 cal/day, and trying to do 30 minutes of cardio (usually elliptical) plus some yoga videos on the side. ** I know there might be some concern about this caloric intake… however, I usually feel full/good with this amount!! I have been on a good streak for 5 days and I haven't felt any sort of need to eat more than what I portion out for myself. I mostly eat a lot of fruits and veggies, and just a lot of raw/fresh foods in general!

Tonight though, I binged VERY badly. I think it's because of the stress I'm undergoing right now (finals are next week and I have an organic chemistry exam tomorrow that I'm very nervous about). I ate a bowl of soup and a salad for dinner, but after that, I ate some chocolate coconut milk ice cream, a few handfuls of pretzel sticks with peanut butter, a grilled cheese sandwich, more tomato soup, an orange, and a protein bar. I'm very discouraged and feel huge and bloated. I'm not sure what to do. What do y'all do when you have an "off night" like this? :( Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. xx

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You binged because you are on a severely restrictive diet. Please get professional help.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    843 cal/day is asinine. Eat more please. The reason you are binging because you're body is pretty much telling your brain, "OK, you're going to feed me now because you've been screwing me over all week."
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Puerto Rico sounds fun! If you're well enough to have a good time! Run down and haggard for vacation from starving and stressing sounds like a crappy time IMHO. 5' 4" and 130,especially while young, looks just fine! Buy a cute bikini, stop listening to the media that tells you to starve yourself, and go have some fun! If you're worried about fitness do a lot of swimming and stuff. I always lose weight on vacation without even trying! There is so much to do! BE BEAUTIFUL, BE YOUNG AND HAVE FUN!

Why do women do this to themselves???
  • ksarm
    ksarm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't worry if you binge. Sometimes it happens and it doesn't have to mean that you've failed your diet just because you had one bad day! Tomorrow is a new day so start fresh and try again. :)

Nights are the hardest for me so I make sure to save enough calories to have a half of an english muffin or bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter. It satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps me full until bed time.

Another method I have had success with is to eat dinner, tell yourself "no more" and go to your room for the rest of the night. By not being in the living room, I'm not close to the kitchen and I can't see it, so I'm less likely to think about food.

Hope that helps!
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Fall down 7 times, get up 8!
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Most universities have a registered dietitian in the hospital/health center/doctors offices that students use. I think you should make an appointment and get them to help you with your diet. They can look at your health history, your stats, and suggest a special diet that is tailored specifically for you.
  • bgarganera
    Options
    RAISE YOUR CALORIES.. IMMEDIATELY.