Water!

Options
I am curious who here only drinks water when they are thirsty? And how do you believe this benefits you? :drinker:

Replies

• djslickrix
    Options
    Me, I drink too much water. I drink it every 4 to 5 minutes.
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I only drink water most days. I always know I'm hydrated and it leaves me more calories, carbs, sugars, and sodium to put into my food. If I'm really just dying for a soda I make sure to work it into my calories for the day and only have a few ounces.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink to stay hydrated...and that goes up or down depending on what run I have scheduled for that day.

ETA: I only drink plain water when I am actually running or working out so that I don't have to clean my bottles as much. Any other time it usually has some type of water enhancer in it.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I generally only drink water, unsweetened tea and the occasional coffee. Usually water though.

I drink a full cup first thing in the morning. I refill my 24 oz. bottle twice while at work. Then I drink at least a cup in the evening. On an average day, I drink between 50-70 oz. of water.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Me! Water has no calories. Alternatives are typically high in calories and low in nutritional value. A reasonable exception would be during endurance events (90+ minute workouts) where you need to replace electrolytes and avoid hyponatremia. I *do* sometimes have liquid treats when I am not particularly thirsty.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I need so much hydration with my hobbies and sports I have to switch to gatorade to keep from getting hyponatremia in the summer. It's hot here in the South! Some of the other MA students drink pickle juice but I can't handle that.
  • Jest45
    Jest45 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink water rarely, only when I work out. I have coffee in the am and unsweetened decaf iced tea all day.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I drink water. I think the benefits are that it hydrates me and keeps me alive.....
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I only drink water. I love that it makes me feel hydrated and makes my skin clear and smooth. Since giving up every other calorie laden drink I can EAT more, which is what it is all about for me.

I can't drink while I work out b/c I get too many cramps/stitches in my side, but I drink the entire rest of the day. I have a 24 oz tervis tumbler I keep at my desk and probably drink 4-5 of them a day while at work. then drink quite a bit in the evening after I work out.