whats my daily calorie intake for fat loss?

Options
Hi MFP peeps,

I want to shed FAT fast without losing muscle. I'm at 17.5% and aiming for 10% within 30 days.

Question 1: What should my daily calorie intake be?

Question 2 : My current nutrient intake revolves around 40% proteins, 35% carbs and 15% fats (healthy). Is this ideal?

Here are my stats before explaining my situation :
Height:165
Weight 67 KG (144 lbs)
Muscle mass: 53.9kg (118lbs)
BMI: 24
BMR: 1600cals
Body fat% 17.7
Body fat goal: 10%

I go to the gym (body building) 5 -6 a week (1.5 hrs) and finish off with abs workout. On my day off I do cardio in which I burn 300-500 cals.
I consume about 1500 - 1800 calories per day.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Question 2 : My current nutrient intake revolves around 40% proteins, 35% carbs and 15% fats (healthy). Is this ideal?

that doesnt add up to 100%? also, eating fat doesnt make you fat... a surplus of calories does...

as for losing 7.5% bodyfat without losing muscle in 30 days... i'll let someone else answer that...
  • Zdehni
    Zdehni Posts: 67 Member
    Options

that doesnt add up to 100%? also, eating fat doesnt make you fat... a surplus of calories does...

as for losing 7.5% bodyfat without losing muscle in 30 days... i'll let someone else answer that...

Make it 50% protein :)
  • stagingfirstplace
    stagingfirstplace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i seriously hope you're a troll......... otherwise please use google or you will start an MFP brawl haha!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Make it 50% protein :)

that doesnt make it better!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I want to shed FAT fast without losing muscle. I'm at 17.5% and aiming for 10% within 30 days.

Surgery to remove fat?
  • Zdehni
    Options
    Wow. I've been using MFP for a while now, and never realized how harsh some of the MFP members have become.
    Thanks for your comments , but not a shred of advice was given.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Try the calculators on the IIFYM site (there are several).
    http://iifym.com/

However you need to remember they are TDEE based, and MFP is NEAT based.

If you want to go by TDEE, you will want to put in your TDEE -% goal into MFP as a Custom goal, and then add exercise as 1 calories (or don't add to MFP at all), as exercise is already included in your TDEE total.

MFP is normally a NEAT calculator and does not include sport exercise, it only includes daily activity in its calculations.

If you want to use MFP method, then you will want to make sure you choose the correct activity level, an appropriate deficit (0.5lbs a week maybe), add your exercise calories, and eat back your exercise calories (or a % of them dependent on calorie burn accuracy).

NEAT
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12468415
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're only 144 lbs and you want to lose almost 11 lbs in one month without losing any muscle? It's probably not possible.

You could build muscle until your body fat is 10%, but that would require you to gain 108 lbs of muscle in a month...that's not going to happen.

You could lose fat by eating a calorie deficit, but you're only 144 lbs so the deficit required to lose that much that quickly would be too drastic. You're also going to lose some muscle when you lose fat.
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow. I've been using MFP for a while now, and never realized how harsh some of the MFP members have become.
    Thanks for your comments , but not a shred of advice was given.

I think the problem people are encountering when it comes to giving you productive advice is that your goals are basically impossible.

So we're left at slightly loose ends.
  • Zdehni
    Options
    Try the calculators on the IIFYM site (there are several).
    http://iifym.com/

However you need to remember they are TDEE based, and MFP is NEAT based.

If you want to go by TDEE, you will want to put in your TDEE -% goal into MFP as a Custom goal, and then add exercise as 1 calories (or don't add to MFP at all), as exercise is already included in your TDEE total.

MFP is normally a NEAT calculator and does not include sport exercise, it only includes daily activity in its calculations.

If you want to use MFP method, then you will want to make sure you choose the correct activity level, an appropriate deficit (0.5lbs a week maybe), add your exercise calories, and eat back your exercise calories (or a % of them dependent on calorie burn accuracy).

NEAT
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12468415

Thank you for the productive advice. I will follow the first method you gave me and take it from there. :)