Diet soda

Options
attybell
attybell Posts: 81 Member
Ok so I LOVE diet drinks but have not really been drinking them for about 3 weeks since I started back logging. I have mainly only been drinking water well today I did NOT drink any water and only drank tea with Splenda and diet drinks and boy was I craving everything mainly sweets so I feel like that fake sugar I was consuming only left me craving more and more sugar.. Usually I look forward to an afternoon walk but not today I didn't have any desire to do anything .. True eye opener no more diet drinks for this girl I'm back to water

Replies

• PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We all have one of those days now and them.... i think it is good to do it so afterwards you have renewed your determination to keep doing things right. And one day of many is not too bad. :bigsmile:

I found a little chart about cravings and what you could eat to mitigate them. I can't embed a pic here (I don't know how) so I put the thingy in a blog. You can check it out if you are curious. It might help you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PRguez/view/cravings-648785

Keep the good work! We are all rowing in the same boat :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I drink both water and diet coke.

I will continue to drink both....water during the day and during my workout and diet coke with my dinner and in the evening.

I don't find I crave sugar anymore than normal and it hasn't halted my desire to workout or halted my weight loss....

I suspect there is another explaination....perhaps ToM is coming...
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i suspect for some people that is the situation
    .i suspect it has something to do with the carbonation , but i could be wrong, or the "mental sugar"
  • helizi
    helizi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i suspect for some people that is the situation
    .i suspect it has something to do with the carbonation , but i could be wrong, or the "mental sugar"

I used to always drink diet pepsi with my late-night binges so there's a strong association there. I've found it easier to avoid the drink than fight the cravings.