My LAST "first" introduction...This is GOING to happen!

First off....I feel like I've written these posts way more than I should, but frustration sets in and my first reaction is to restart MFP completely from scratch :embarassed:, but I'm telling myself here and now - NO MORE -

So...here's my LAST "first" introduction: :wink:

Greetings from Michigan!

32yo female 5"4.5" currently weighing in at 176.2 (started at 180).

No ifs, ands, or buts....GOING :bigsmile: to lose at LEAST 35#, but final goal is 50# (Lost 3.8# so far)

I would like some friends on MFP and would :heart: them to be daily users with open diaries.

I feel that if you want to accomplish your goals, you have to keep at it on a daily basis and account for what you eat - LOG EVERYTHING!

IMO, we should be able to disable the "streak" notifications....I know when I miss one day, it totally kills my motivation to see I lost my streak. If you skip a day, no biggie, just go back and enter your stuff later, am I right?

No one is perfect and everyone splurges on the "bad stuff" now and then. (I have a sweet tooth so me more often than not...) I also believe that opinions and motivation truly help so I try to do just that to my fellow MFPers and hope they reciprocate. I will NOT rag on you for your exercise/food choices. but may offer an "eat this/not that" perspective and hope you do the same. :flowerforyou:

I'm sure I could add more to this post, but I'd probably just be rambling :)

If you would like to be fitness buddies, feel free to add me! I can't wait to hear from you! :drinker:

~Holly

Replies

• TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    You sound like you are on the right track. I stopped logging food a while ago after I more or less memorized the macros. I am an every day user tho and I log all of my workouts. There is no light at the end of the fitness tunnel, if you are in it for the long haul then you never really got off the train. Very pretty lady by the way and I hope to see you succeed.
  • BrittDoesIt
    BrittDoesIt Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome back! Just a few days ago I started over too, haha. Good luck this time, soon you will reach your goals!
  • kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    I am here basically everyday. I try to log everything I do, the good and bad. I have been at a plateau for a month but hope to break that soon. You can add me if you would like.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    You can do it!!!! Add me as a friend for motivation!!
  • cychogal
    cychogal Posts: 39 Member
    I have been saying basically the exact same thing. I've started over way too many times. No more. Set backs, hiccups, bumps in the road... whatever you want to call them... are just life. And there's really no reason to even bother with any of this, if it isn't a lifetime commitment. So no more telling myself I'm starting over. Just because I might go off track for awhile, does not mean I've quit caring or trying. I am hoping with this attitude that the bumps take less of a toll and the set backs are short, few and far between.
    Some days you just can't log your food, or even log in. Some days you can't be bothered thinking about calories or exercise, because this is not the only thing going on in our lives. But those days should not make us feel like failures.
    Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    I did the start/frustrated/quit/restart thing too a few times. I am in a totally different mind set this time and so far I am down 36 pounds in 99 days. I log in daily (M-F) and sporadic on the weekends since I would rather be out living life than be behind a computer :-)

Feel free to friend me, I am very supportive and love to receive support.

Kerri
  • momofthreeinwis
    momofthreeinwis Posts: 21 Member
    I just started again a few days ago too but this time I signed up with a Personal Trainer....I think this will help...I log everyday...I will friend you!
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Welcome back!

I am right there with you. Started and stopped too many times to count. I also ahve about 30 pounds to lose I am determined to make it stick this time.

Let's help each other see it through!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Anyone can add me, I'm here everyday and have 40+ pounds to lose.
  • AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    i'll motivate you, if you'd like to add me :)
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Welcome back, and enjoy the journey!
  • Feelin' the :heart:

Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    I'm with ya! I've 'restarted' so many times it's not even funny!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    I started over for the last time on 1 April. Greetings from Victoria, British Columbia!!
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Welcome back!! The last first introduction made me laugh!! You can do this - it's one day at a time. Sending a friend request.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    hey all good luck on your re attempts... and good for you on recommiting...it happens to everyone, because yes this a fustrating journey. This place can help but in the end it will be you that will be doing the work...just dont ever give up on yourselves.

anyone can feel free to add me if they like
  • Adamsa1969
    Adamsa1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone,

I have been doing this for 20 days now and fianlly lost 1 1/2 poounds. Although I have lost a total of 10 pounds since starting my program of exercise and eating healthy about 6 weeks ago.

I love this tracking system and the "before and after" photos are so inspiring!! I have been doing the Richard Simmons Project HOPE (don't laugh, its not just for old people anymore.. LOL) but it is a great exercise system and I finally look forward to exercise.

I have a 4 and a 6 yeard old, both boys and a b/f that is 8 years younger than me, so they are my motivation in getting healthy.
    Although b/f lsays he loves me the way I am, I need this for my self esteem!!

Thanks for all the support and add me as a friend if you like. Pictures will post when I have lost another 10 pounds (when I am 143 pounds )
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    I am just getting back into this too. My diet and exercise has never stopped but I am logging back in. Want to lose 20 more pounds. Feel Free to add me. :)
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Welcome back! It sounds like to are back on the right track. Feel free to add me. I am active daily and have an open diary - I spent too many years embarassed about what I add and I refuse to let food have that control over me so it is open for everyone to see!