I'm Ready- Long way to go. Would love company!

Options
Hello, everyone;

Well, I'm a 54 year old female who is finally giving in to the idea that fancy plans don't work, and steady, mindful focus on everyday eating, exercise and health are the way to go. After being placed on diets as a young child, and trying everything known to man, throughout my life, I've lost at least 3 times my weight over my lifetime, and yo-yo'd higher after every one.

I have a lot of weight to lose... my goal is 120 lbs, but may try to lose more. I need to see how I feel. I have never been a healthy weight, so I'm trying to put aside feelings of imminent failure, and just take it day to day.

If anyone is in a similar situation to me, I would love to make friends. It would help to have some pals along the way.

I wish each and every one of you success in accomplishing your goals for being here.

Beth

Replies

• Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am also 54 and have struggled with weight since I was a child.

I did get into really good shape in my late 30's and held onto that until just a few years ago and let it go. It is really hard to get motivated and stay motivated to get that back. Kind of embarrassed I let it go, I guess.

Nothing to do but to regain that determination and just do it. There are no gimicks or tricks. Just healthy focus and daily acitivity.

Let's help each other get this done!
  • jenbeiers
    Options
    Just joined today, would love a partner for this journey. I, too, have a lot to lose :):happy:
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:smile::smile: