Night time snacking

Options
This is always where I ruin my day. I have been working out religiously and I eat great throughout the day, then blow all my progress when I snack at night. I've built up muscle and it's all just hanging out under a layer of fat I can't get rid of...due to the stupid snacking.

Any advice on how you deter your cravings at night?

Replies

• sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Is that night time snack putting you over your calorie goal? If not…there is nothing wrong with eating right before bed. I do it every single night.

And…you can't blow any progress with a snack or meal. Just like eating one salad doesn't make you a fitness model, eating a night time snack isn't going to undo any hard work you put in.

What is your daily eating like? Maybe you aren't eating enough throughout the day and that's why you feel so hungry at night.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Your late night snacking isn't blowing your weight loss. If you aren't losing weight then you are not eating at a deficiency. Stay within your calorie range and save some calories for night time snacking.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    maybe try to focus on having a few guiltless snacks ready for the evening. my favorite is 100 calorie bag popcorn. it is pre-portioned, easy to make, filling, tasty and takes longer to eat than most other 100 calorie items (with the exception of fruit and vegetables).
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I make dinner my final food of the day. I try to make sure I finish off all my calories for the day during dinner...or come really close. Once dinner is over I just don't eat anymore. It has really helped me stay on track.
  • bccashleyiverson
    Options
    it is putting me over my goal, which is what is frustrating. I'm counting macros, and even if I set aside macros for that night time snack, I always over do it. Once I start snacking, I can't stop. so yeah...that is what is blowing my weight loss goal. I just don't have self control.

I'll pre-portion out some snack and see if that helps, thanks :)