introducing myselef!

Options
Hi everyone my name is Cindy. I'm writing this because i'm looking for MFP friends for motivation. I was a very thin person all of life until I had kids. I had a baby 8 months ago and while I was pregnant with him I had gestational diabetes which caused me to gain a lot of weight. I've been working hard to loose it and have made progress, but have more to loose. I find it hard to find motivation. Im looking for friends to keep me motivated and give me a kick in the butt when I'm slacking lol. Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Running is all about getting past the desire to NOT run. LOL! I always feel that way, but after a run I feel great. That feeling of accomplishment after I've completed a run is so worth the extra effort it takes to put on the running shoes some days. :) Good luck. I'm sure you are already someone your son is proud to call mom. :)
  • dwbotti
    dwbotti Posts: 29
    Options
    Running is all about getting past the desire to NOT run. LOL! I always feel that way, but after a run I feel great. That feeling of accomplishment after I've completed a run is so worth the extra effort it takes to put on the running shoes some days. :) Good luck. I'm sure you are already someone your son is proud to call mom. :)

AMEN! The first mile is the hardest, mostly because the mind tells you running is not a good idea. :) But, I can usually settle in and enjoy the next 4 or 5 and have really come to love my chance to lace them up. There are still those days when just the climb up the stairs mentally feels like "good workout, you're done" but I try to push through.

My wife had gestational diabetes during her pregnancy as well. Fitness and wellness is a journey and not a destination. We have to stay with it all the time or we always find some way to stop or move backwards.