Committed

Options
Hi All,

Im Rupa, im 29 and from the UK.

I work as an Admin Manager for an Agriculture company.

I suffer with asthma, endometriosis, adenomyosis and polycystic ovary syndrome so really need to lose weight to help manage those conditions better.

My cousin is getting married in september 2015, so want to look and feel comfortable and confident in whatever I decide to wear. (im indian so will probably wear a Sari).

ive been yo-yoing for quite some time, but I am comitted. I was 90kgs in November last year, and have now dropped down to 82 which is good, but I need to be about 65kgs ish so still got a long way to go.

Rupa

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck. :)
  • rupajoshi01
    Options
    Thank you :)

Rupa
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too and I can say, for me, that a low carb lifestyle is the only way to go.
  • rupajoshi01
    Options
    Thank you im just starting out and trying to be as gluten free as possible as gluten annoys my endometriosis...

x
  • new_me_14
    new_me_14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I just started MFP too, I have PCOS and need to loose weight to maintain all over issues that come along with PCOS. CW: 179 pounds/ 82 kgs
    GW: 140 pounds/ 64 kgs
  • rupajoshi01
    Options
    totally understand you with the PCOS thing - its such an annoying condition, that makes weight loss so difficult as the meds you need to take to treat it make u put on weight.

My gynae is starting me on provera tablets three times a day for my endometriosis, and these tablets help u put on weight so not good. I want to get a routine going so that I can lose weight whilst taking the tablets :(

xx
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm from UK too :smile: Feel free to add me if you'd like a supportive friend.

It may feel like a long way to go but take it one day at a time - just focussing on your goals each day. You can do this. You'll soon be feeling comfortable in your skin and able to really enjoy the wedding in September! :happy:
  • new_me_14
    new_me_14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    totally understand you with the PCOS thing - its such an annoying condition, that makes weight loss so difficult as the meds you need to take to treat it make u put on weight.

My gynae is starting me on provera tablets three times a day for my endometriosis, and these tablets help u put on weight so not good. I want to get a routine going so that I can lose weight whilst taking the tablets :(

xx

Yeah, it doesn't make it easy at all. But stay committed, we can do it! Add me as a friend, if you want.
  • rupajoshi01
    Options

xx

Yeah, it doesn't make it easy at all. But stay committed, we can do it! Add me as a friend, if you want.

Will do - Thank you xxx
  • rupajoshi01
    Options
    Hi - I'm from UK too :smile: Feel free to add me if you'd like a supportive friend.

It may feel like a long way to go but take it one day at a time - just focussing on your goals each day. You can do this. You'll soon be feeling comfortable in your skin and able to really enjoy the wedding in September! :happy:

Thank you for your supportive words.

Yes one day at a time and just trying hard to be healthy...i had salad for lunch today after a very long time and i was kinda full after a short while, maybe the water drinking is really helping.... xx