Need help findinf a swimsuit!!!!!

Options
carashirley
carashirley Posts: 169 Member
I used to never care about swimsuits because I would always have a shirt over them anyway. Well this year is not the case. I am excited about actually being confident in a suit!! But I need help! What would you ladies recommend as the best place to get one. I would like a skirted bottom with the top being a tank that also have tummy control & underwire.... try putting that into google.... Lol!! If you guys know of any good places that don't cost a ton of money I'd appreciate the direction!

Replies

• SarahAnna87
    SarahAnna87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if it exists in the states... but there is a great swimwear store in Canada called Swimco. The website is good, but if you can find a store they will have something for you. The staff at the location I go to are super friendly and only make you feel more confident.
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I am with the Legos on this one...

But if not your cup of tea - I usually get really cute ones from Kohls!
  • carashirley
    Options
    I vote birthday

Haha! I'm not sure the hubby, kids or all of humanity would appreciate me being in that suit on the beach!!
  • toodlelooo
    Options
    Venus or Victoria Secret
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I used to never care about swimsuits because I would always have a shirt over them anyway. Well this year is not the case. I am excited about actually being confident in a suit!! But I need help! What would you ladies recommend as the best place to get one. I would like a skirted bottom with the top being a tank that also have tummy control & underwire.... try putting that into google.... Lol!! If you guys know of any good places that don't cost a ton of money I'd appreciate the direction!

you're 32 not 62, step away from the 'skirted bottom'.....
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Posting a body picture would be helpful.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

QFT.
  • carashirley
    Options

The sagging skin & stretchmarks on my upper thighs keep me in the skirts. I feel more confident in them.
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I saw you profile photos and am excited for you. You have come a long way!

My wife shops a Kohls as well. Torrid is another of her favorites. It is a bit more expensive than Kohls but, in my opinion, the clothes are little more sexy ;) IDK. You may be too skinny for Torrid but give them a try.

You should totally go with the birthday suit but if you don't go to a nudie colony you probably won't last long out in public.
  • carashirley
    Options
    This is the best pic with a "bodyshot" I could come up with

1458704_876310299061382_5414351890254427550_n.jpg
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I have found skirted bottoms at Kohl's and Boston Store. A few at Target but I generally hate the way anything from Target fits me. I actually have small thighs, especially for someone carrying extra weight, and I'm still self conscious about that area so I understand.

HOWEVER.... I'm not sure what size you are, but Victoria's Secret seemed to come out with a new line of swimsuits - at least from what I can tell. They have a ton of sexier one piece suits with a variety of cuts on top. They aren't your grandma's swimsuit and provide enough coverage and support!

You could also check out Athleta - I know they sell the skirts and tankinis - not sure of sizing, etc. My sister shops there a lot but she's also very tiny and extremely fit lol
  • carashirley
    Options

My wife shops a Kohls as well. Torrid is another of her favorites. It is a bit more expensive than Kohls but, in my opinion, the clothes are little more sexy ;) IDK. You may be too skinny for Torrid but give them a try.

You should totally go with the birthday suit but if you don't go to a nudie colony you probably won't last long out in public.

Now skinny is a word I've never heard used to describe me! Lol!!
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Swimoutlet.com.
    They're pretty great about sizing, customer review and returns... Plus they're way cheaper for name brands than shopping at a sporting goods store.
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    Land's End has a bunch of different types of suits (skirted as well if you must) and board shorts if you don't want to do the skirt thing...

I've also bought suits from Cyberswim online...they have a TON of different style suits and I think you can filter for just about every "category" you listed...they are a little on the more expensive side though :ohwell:

Great job on your journey so far!!! :flowerforyou:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I found an amazing one at Macy's last year, store brand, that had underwire and 2 straps. Everything But Water has great mix-n-match pieces. Lands End has a lot of variety online with tankinis and things. Their return policy is great, according to my friend was was a bit unsure about fit.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Now skinny is a word I've never heard used to describe me! Lol!!
    You certainly aren't fat. Guess you still need a bit of time to stop feeling fat. I can totally relate to that.
  • hellurkitty
    hellurkitty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ahhh you look great! You've come so far and should be so proud!

While you are not plus size, I think you might like some of Forever21's plus size bathing suits. The XL might fit you, and they have lots of cute, affordable one pieces and high waisted bikinis ( I know you wanted skirted options, but you might be surprised with how confident and sexy their suits make you feel!)

Asos and Victoria's Secret also have a lot of flattering, fashion forward options.
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    K. You have abs now. Just sayin'
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not sure I agree with this. My daughter is into this whole Pin-up look/style and orders stuff like this online all the time.

large.jpg