P90X3 vs T25

Options
P90x3 vs T25 .......Which one is better and why??

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think that really depends on what kind of workouts you enjoy, what your current fitness level is and what you're trying to achieve. I've done both and personally like P90X3 the best, but that's just because I like more resistance based routines.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I got bored of T25 as the workouts all seemed similar but I love P90x3 as there's a huge variation on different workouts.
  • epooler12
    epooler12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't done p90x3 but I'm finishing t25 beta right now. Its a lot of jumping which is hard on your knees and ankles. Sure you can follow the modifier but I don't feel like I'm getting avgood workout that way. That being said I don't think I'm going to do gamma. I'm getting bored with the workouts and I'm ready to branch out on my own! However I definitely think t25 is a good regime for someone just starting out.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.... I would like to read the replies later, as I am considering doing P90X3 in the future. I just completed T25 (Alpha+Beta+Gamma) and thought it was a really worthwhile workout. I decided to switch things up and do Tapout XT next.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    2nd round of P90X3, I'm obsessed with it lol I love it especially with a full time job, I could squeeze a good 30 minute resistance workout. I'm also doing the mass schedule, I do lots of walking @ lunchtime at work climbing stairs also.
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just made a post about this, I finished T25 at the beginning of this month and loved it. In fact I did a couple of extra weeks of Gamma!!!! So I just started P90x3 and am having a hard time since I have to keep my exercise low impact. Don't get me wrong I think I like P90x3 its just I am trying to get the hang of changing things to low impact.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I love T25. I'm in my last week of Beta and then I'm going to go into Gamma. I've been switching out some Beta dvds for Gamma ones and Gamma is really difficult.

I think that T25 is a good workout to get you back into the groove of exercising. I felt like every level was hard, but I hadn't exercised in years before jumping into T25. I like Shaun T, he's really motivating and helps you get through the workout. I just started doing Insanity on Monday. I'm going to do T25 Gamma in the morning and Insanity in the evening.

I've done P90X, and I really like Tony. He's a great instuctor. He keeps you motivated as well.

I think it depends on your workout preference. T25 is going to give you a lot of cardio and P90X3 is probably going to give you more weight training. You don't start using weights in T25 until the Beta round.
  • media2law
    media2law Posts: 13
    Options
    Depends on your goals. I have tried both and I like T25 better because it is 25 minutes of continuous calorie burning. Too many stops and starts in P90X3 for me. :smile:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I have done both and I prefer P90X3...easily. More variety. You get cardio, resistance, balance, and flexibility work in one program. And if you prefer T25 cardio workouts, you can sub those in on the cardio days in P90X3....its really that simple....but I think the cardio routines in X3 are fine. I mean, if you put your all into the Warrior, MMX and Accelerator, those are 3 cardio workouts that are going to kick your butt. Also, having previously hurt my knees doing Insanity, I'm happy that there is less jumping in X3 than in T25.

I will also note that after I finished P90X3 a few weeks ago, I started doing Rushfit and I love that program as well. My plan is to finish up Rushfit, do another round of X3, and then probably do another round of Rushfit. Rushfit is probably better cardio than X3, but better resistance than T25. Only relatively light dumbbells needed for Rushfit, so less equipment than X3. Rushfit schedules one or two "moderate cardio" days each week so you could run, bike, swim, do a T25 workout, etc., on those days. I've chosen to get back to running on those days and it feels really good.

Anyway, decide if you want more cardio (T25), more variety (X3), or perhaps a middle ground with less equipment (Rushfit)
  • eganita
    Options
    I'm going to do T25 Gamma in the morning and Insanity in the evening.

I'm not trying to get too up in your business... but I personally would not consider doing both of these workouts at the same time. I found both Gamma and Insanity to be quite taxing on their own... I can't imagine doing both at the same time. I did play a lot of hockey while doing Insanity, and in retrospect, I feel lucky I didn't injure myself. I felt pretty weak and tired a good amount of the time.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    No worries, thanks for the information. I'm going to take it as far as I can go with Insanity (I will be replacing my hour evening workout with Insanity), and once I feel like I might be over reaching, I'm going to back off and do the T25/Insanity Hybrid. I originally wanted to do the hybrid, but I've never done Insanity and I wanted to be able to give all of the DVDs a try. I'm definitely going to do month 1 of Insanity with T25, by month 2 of Insanity, I'll be done with T25.

I get so much energy from doing T25 that I don't find it taxing. I get tired and out of breath, but when he says "TIME" I feel so great. And when I did my first two days of Insanity, I felt the same.

Thanks again!
  • eganita
    Options
    No worries, thanks for the information. I'm going to take it as far as I can go with Insanity (I will be replacing my hour evening workout with Insanity), and once I feel like I might be over reaching, I'm going to back off and do the T25/Insanity Hybrid. I originally wanted to do the hybrid, but I've never done Insanity and I wanted to be able to give all of the DVDs a try. I'm definitely going to do month 1 of Insanity with T25, by month 2 of Insanity, I'll be done with T25.

I get so much energy from doing T25 that I don't find it taxing. I get tired and out of breath, but when he says "TIME" I feel so great. And when I did my first two days of Insanity, I felt the same.

Thanks again!

Cool! That sounds like a good plan. Month 2 is definitely where Insanity gets... well, insane!! LOL.

I'm glad you didn't think I was being rude or anything, because I truly was not trying to be in the least. I also LOVE Shaun T. I definitely want to check out the T25/Insanity hybrid sometime! Good luck to you in your workouts :)
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    No, I didn't take it negatively at all. I appreciate you taking time to make sure I inadvertently mess myself up. And Shaun T is awesome! I've seen a few hybrid calendars on the internet, even one done by Tania. If you want it let me know and I'll try to link it to you somewhere.
  • texstorm
    texstorm Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    P90x3 vs T25 .......Which one is better and why??

Better? I've done both programs and I'd say without knowing your goals and the types of exercise you like to do this is almost an impossible question to answer.

That said, I can say they are very different programs. T25 is much more cardio and movement focused. Shaun T's programs are all about getting your heart rate as high as possible and increasing your speed and agility. Tony focuses more on strength and overall athleticism.

I did T25 in the fall and loved it. I play pick-up soccer when I can, and 2 months of T25 definitely improved my ability to cut and run on the field during games. I am just now finishing my first round of P90X3 and absolutely loved it. I've increased my strength and dropped full percentage points in overall body fat over the course of the program.

My point is that which program you choose really depends on what your goals are and what types of workouts you enjoy.

-Tex

KPP
  • graceread
    graceread Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, which program would be more low impact. Less jumping? Rush Fit is also mentioned. P90x3 and T25 Could you compare the 3 of these for low impact, less jumping?
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It truly depends on your goals as Focus T25 and X3 are not related. Focus T25 is primarily a cardio program that's mostly geared around those who are looking to get off the couch and get started in fitness. Weights aren't introduced in T25 until Beta and even then it's very light and still cardio driven with some resistance.

X3 is more a strength training program that suggests you pick your weight size based on your goals. Let's say you're doing a bicep curl, there's a person doing 8 or 10 with a heavy weight, another person doing 12 to 15 with a lighter weight and the third person using resistance bands. There is some cardio with your plyo style workouts but no where near as much as T25.

Saying all that to say this: the "better" would depend on your goals. Try to decide exactly what it is your looking for in regards to your fitness goals and pick the best regimen that would fit those goals. That's the only way you can determine which is better for you. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think t25 was a better beginner workout but P90x3 will help get you in good shape and push you. I like listening to Shaun T over Tony Horton but I think I would judge it more where you are in your workout journey