MFP message board make you feel like pigging-out?

Options
It does me. I have no idea why. I know it's supposed to be motivating but I always feel like eating after I've been reading the posts.

Anyone else, or am I just a weirdo? :laugh:

Replies

• jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people on here depress me so much I feel like eating a billion cupcakes and getting wasted... But I'm not sure that's what you meant? :laugh:
  • satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
    Options
    Are you talking about when people say they've binged and say what they ate or just in general? LOL
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people on here depress me so much I feel like eating a billion cupcakes and getting wasted... But I'm not sure that's what you meant? :laugh:

Yeah a little lol
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Occasionally after reading I'll feel like I'm not losing fast enough compared to other people or I'm not being hardcore enough.

That's when I know it's time to close the forums and focus on something else for awhile.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Options
    Are you talking about when people say they've binged and say what they ate or just in general? LOL

^ this too. I just read about someone eating green tea and coconut ice-cream. Now I want some.

But just in general I always feel the urge to raid the cupboards when I am reading on here... maybe it's just cos I am sitting still for a longer period of time than I usually do? Who knows. Could just be that I am odd.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Options
    ...That's when I know it's time to close the forums and focus on something else for awhile.

Great advise! :flowerforyou:
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I see someone has ate or described a tremendous sounding meal I might salvate in my mouth slightly. :bigsmile: But pretty much the MFP forum keeps me on track! And thanks for that guys :flowerforyou:
  • hellakitties
    hellakitties Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a correlation between spending a lot of time on the MFP forums or especially fitness Tumblrs in the afternoon and binging at night. I haven't figured out why this happens, though. I suspect that the fixation on getting exercising and controlling my eating makes me feel overwhelmed and my emotions lash out.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    In general the forums distract me when I want to binge, but I now have to stay out of any threads with pictures of food (like the dinner thread). Those were so bad for me.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, a few weeks ago someone posted about buying mini eggs, so I went and bought some... and ate the whole bag... not good.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nah not me if anything it's the opposite. I read the success stories and renew my determination. If I MUST eat I do some cardio or something to outbalance the food.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Occasionally after reading I'll feel like I'm not losing fast enough compared to other people or I'm not being hardcore enough.

That's when I know it's time to close the forums and focus on something else for awhile.

^^^^^THIS
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    MFP does the opposite for me. I regularly use Tumblr and do follow some blogs that post cute girls. You know, perfect, unflawed skin, butts so toned you can bounce a coin off of, perfectly round breasts with dead center nipples, small noses, freckles, beautiful waterfall hair... And then I look at my stretch marked, saggy, big nosed self and it makes me want to raid to fridge.

Instead, I now check out the Success Stories and see women with body shapes similar to mine in the 'before' pictures, and how they look much more like those Tumblr girls in their 'after' pictures and it reminds me that it CAN be done. It motivates me. I know I'll never look perfectly how I want but I'll be a damn sight better than I am now.
  • cj731
    cj731 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    MFP does the opposite for me. I regularly use Tumblr and do follow some blogs that post cute girls. You know, perfect, unflawed skin, butts so toned you can bounce a coin off of, perfectly round breasts with dead center nipples, small noses, freckles, beautiful waterfall hair... And then I look at my stretch marked, saggy, big nosed self and it makes me want to raid to fridge.

Instead, I now check out the Success Stories and see women with body shapes similar to mine in the 'before' pictures, and how they look much more like those Tumblr girls in their 'after' pictures and it reminds me that it CAN be done. It motivates me. I know I'll never look perfectly how I want but I'll be a damn sight better than I am now.

Big nosed? YOU? Not at all! If that's you in your profile picture, not only is your nose lovely but with your enormous eyes and heart shaped face you are the definition of a cute girl. I'd kill for that hair too.
    I love your attitude towards the success stories too :) some of them are incredible and I find them inspiring too! Some of those girls look model worthy. And as for stretch marks, something like 90% of women have stretch marks and cellulite (I know I got a bunch of marks during puberty from growth spurts, not even from weight gain!) and plenty of those pictures are airbrushed, filtered or the girls are covered in fake tan to disguise them. Don't beat yourself up about those little things. Keep up the great work and get that bounce a coin off bum!
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Options

^LOVE THIS :bigsmile: