This time it's for me... no one else.

Options
Hello... AGAIN! I can't believe I am doing this again. I swore I would not do this again, but here I am. 4 years ago, I did it for someone else and that was the biggest mistake. Now 4 years later I have gained almost all my weight back, 20 lbs of my 45 lbs and I can sure tell.

But this time is for me... I want to make the change for me, to be better for me, to be happy for me. August 21, 2011 is a big day for me. The day that I ride a 105 mile bike ride to help raise money to fight cancer. And in order to do that, the weight has to come off, I need to be in better shape (and not round), and more toned.

SO with the help of this site, my family and friends, I hope to lose 30 lbs or more and complete my goal of 2011!

HERE WE GO!!! Good luck to everyone else and make 2011 a great year!

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also making a life change! Feel free to add me as friend so we can support each other!:)
  • belinda2635
    Options
    You can do it. I'm proud of you.
  • MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Supposedly, it only works if it's for you! Go for it!
  • stow9676
    Options
    Good luck to you. I think you have the right attitude. I am also determined to get back on track after the holidays. This app has really helped me stay focused. I had lost almost forty pounds since September with the help of this program, but have fallen off track and gained a few pounds back over the holidays. I am also doing it for myself.
  • bikergirl10
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. I was trying to loose weight back in October but due to a sever ankle sprain in my ankle and a stress fracture in my foot the first of November I had been couch resting and need to get back in the groove of things since I got the "OK" from the doctor to start exercising again. PLUS the Holidays did not help!

But thanks for the support everyone, and remember, do it for you, no one else!
  • michekeen
    Options
    I am right there with you. Was in shape before for ALL the wrong reasons ... to look good for everyone else, not to feel good for me. Now that's different. Getting energy back and using it to do some good in this world, too ... you're talkin' my language! Excited for you. This time -- because our motives are right -- I have no doubt we'll succeed and go further than we ever could before!
  • msdebg
    msdebg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You go Biker Girl :-) I'm right there with you! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other!