Putting it out there

Options
Good Morning all!

I am ready to put it all out there and give it my best go. I have made my food diary public (at least I think I have) and I am looking for any input, feedback, criticism, or abuse you want to bestow. :-)

A little about me....I am 36 years old, 5'9" and starting weight was 161ish. Highest being 167 of an evening and 161.4 being what I weighed Monday morning when I started this "diet". I realize I am not really overweight, but I have always been large (and am getting larger and larger) in the hips and thighs and I have always had a LOT of junk in the trunk! Ha!

I have never really dieted and stuck to it. I have very weak willpower and I LOVE food! I also have never really eaten very well. I grew up on meat and potatoes and fast food. Let me be very clear...I (used to) eat out nearly every meal and if I wasn't eating out the meal would most definitely consist of either some form of ground beef, steak (I love love love red meat), a potato and lots of cheese. So one of the main goals of this whole process is to learn how to eat better. I just expect weight loss to be a great side effect!

As for exercise, I have never been athletic and I have one painful knee and a compressed disk in my back and I am a total pain wimp....so my attempts at exercise are usually short lived. I tried to take up running for a while but my doctor actually told me the damage is not worth the reward. I am also not very good at it. :(

Well, sorry for the book..... I look forward to the feedback and support forthcoming.

Have a great day!
Brandi

Replies

• DCarney
    DCarney Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi!
    I would love to be friends! I have been on and off with nutrition and fitness for years! I am currently working towards toning up some more, as I do not really need to lose any more weight. My story is in my profile, so feel free to read it and request me if you'd like!

Dana