Lacking support and motivation

Options
Hi I'm Alex. I've been part of MFP for such a long time and have had no success. I've tried basic healthy eating, slim fast and slimming world and really struggle to stick to diets. I'm usually good for around 2 weeks and then it goes tits up. My parents don't particularly like to eat light healthy meals and aren't happy unless they have a massive meal (they are both a lot more active than me and don't need to watch their weight) so I usually end up eating what they eat. I know it's my own fault but I don't have a lot of will power.
I'm in serious need of some support and am always willing to be supportive back.
Feel free to add me as a friend and any diet/healthy food tips would be really appreciated.
Thank you :) xx

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you don't need a "special diet" to lose weight. YOu don't have to eat special foods to lose weight...you need a calorie deficet.

You can eat with your parents just not as much...

Meals don't have to be "light and healthy"...look at my diary it's full of "non healthy stuff" like AMG ice cream and chocolate, alcohol and pasta with cream sauce, fast food and chips...I just maintain my deficet and lose weight.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you looking to lose. It starts will small changes and also being honest with yourself.I told myself time and time again I wanted to change and truly didn't. I finally got to the point where I started being honest and really buckled down. You can add me as a friend. I am doing the keto diet and its working for me.
  • alexl2745
    alexl2745 Posts: 12
    Options
    Ideally i want to lose 3 and a half stone. But ive set myself a shorter goal of 1 and a half to begin with. I dont want to set an unrealistic goal. Ive got to the point where i need to get a grip and do something about my weight instead of moaning about it over and over.
    Thank you :)