Confidence - First Victory

Options
xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
A month ago, I decided to reset my counter and "start fresh" to get over my plateau. I haven't lost much weight since then, but I did have something very important happen to me. :)

A couple of weeks ago, a classmate saw me browsing the Shutocon (a local comic/anime convention) website. He asked me who I was going to cosplay (or dress up) as. After I told him that I was going as Hawkeye from Full Metal Alchemist, he looked a little confused, and asked “aren’t you a little big to play Hawkeye?” I was mortified, and I began to wonder if maybe he was right.

But I am so thankful that I took the plunge, and put on that blue coat anyway. I met some phenomenal people and had a fantastic time. I had dozens of people compliment me, and ask for my picture. There is something so exciting about finding pictures of yourself online! People liked your costume enough to ask for a picture, regardless of whether or not you had the right body type. I wore my costume proudly, and I've never felt more confident in my own skin. I guess that's the kind of confidence I need to have more often!

Riza.Hawkeye.full.309831.jpg

tumblr_n3mtbdDtZl1qgi0iio1_500.jpg

Replies

• MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So much win in your attitude. Folks might have something to say, but the reality is that there will always be someone somewhere saying something to bring you down. But you don't have to let them. Way to put it on and go for it.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Yay you! I honestly dont know anything about the event you went to or the characters but, i am glad you had the confidence to be what you wanted to be . You look great!

Dont ever let any ones comments dull your shine! Do you and be proud !!!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Um. Those costumes are awesome and that's all that really needs to be said.

ETA: And really, the confidence is the part that you need for that cosplay. :flowerforyou:
  • ardorrequiem
    Options
    I loved this!

I haven't gotten a comment about weight, but someone once told me I couldn't cosplay many characters because I was black and black people aren't often in anime... people say stupid things. A lot.

Good for you! You looked great!
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    First off, you look awesome!

Secondly, no one, and I mean NO ONE has the right to tell you that you're "too big" to do anything!

The only things you'd be too big to do would be the following:

Fit into a thimble.
    Squeeze through a keyhole.
    Go for a piggy back ride on a ladybug.
    Take a roadtrip to California in Barbie's pink Malibu.
    Do a handstand on a child's building block.

Things you are NOT too big to do:

Wear whatever damn costume you please.
    Wear a strapless dress.
    Wear a tank top.
    Run a 5k.
    Go to the gym and deserve to be there like anyone else.
    Go swimming.
    Anything else "skinny" people do on a normal, daily basis.

It's about confidence (congratulations) and attitude. I know a girl who is plump, adorable, wears tank tops and bathing suits as much as she pleases and another girl who does pin up photos - people "like" their photos on Facebook all the time because they're both so comfortable in their own skin it makes people feel happy and proud of them. Their beauty shines through.

If you don't want to be plump the rest of your life then it's your prerogative to lose whatever weight you desire. But in the meantime - flaunt it, sister!! :D
  • DCarney
    DCarney Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look confident and beautiful in your costume! Sounds to me like the person with the negative comments was wrong...clearly you rocked it and other people thought so :-)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! You all make me feel so much better about myself. :)
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! just ignore the stupid people!I have always wanted to do cosplay myself, but haven't done so. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!