Progress Report

Options
So I have now been active in fitness and clean eating for about 14 months. I've had my fair share of moments where i really felt like I was going to just crash and burn. But the more and more I go to the gym and workout, or go for a run, the more I realize how much it means to me. Its more than just getting healthier and fit, but more so a means of coping with daily life stress and anxiety. I am able to keep all my emotions in check by using fitness as a "crutch". It then keeps me focused on what I really want and I will stop at nothing till I get it! Then of course the gym has built me some great relationships with diverse, unique people who I would never have met if it hadnt been for me to reach outside my comfort zone and do something I wasn't use to. This past year has been freaken amazing. Lossing all the weight, now Im working on dropping another 10-15 lbs till I reach my goal weight, while working on leaning out with my lifting schedule. Best part about it all? I enjoy it! I love that after a long school and or work day, I can unwind somewhere that I want to be, and it benefits me at the same time in multiple ways.
-i knocked out 25lbs
-i knocked out 50lbs
-i knocked out 75 lbs
-i knocked out 100 lbs
-i knocked out 125lbs
-Im currently at 141 lbs lost!!!
402lbs to 259lbs!

-Ive made new awesome friends
-I met incredible people in the fitness and lifting world
-Ive got myself through 1 semester of college
-I've gotten more positive and active
-I've become an advocate speaker for those who struggle with obesity as I did
-I ran the spartan race in Georgia (march 2014) and finished
-I plan to participate in a tough mudder and possible savage race too

500 lb deadlift (started from 135)
245 lb bench press (started with just a bar)
205 lb squat (started with just bar)
10 wide grip pullups (started with zero, couldnt even do 1)
among many more improvements! :)

its been a long road, but its been the best year+ of my life, and I wouldnt change it for anything!

Replies

• lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude! I have come to feel similarly about my gym and exercise over the past year or so as well.

You look great, congratulations on your physical and mental achievements!
  • Version_Me2013
    Version_Me2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you!!! I appreciate it. and good to hear about you as well. keep up with your endeavors, best wishes!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Dang! You made some progress! Good job with the weight lifting. I'm still struggling with a clean pull up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!