smoothies...

Options
I'm new to smoothies, in fact I've never made one. I have a smoothie maker, and was wondering what some of the healthy recipes you use? Something to keep you full.

Thank you x

Replies

• brbbringingsexyback
    brbbringingsexyback Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1 cup fruit juice (i prefer organic and 100 percent mango), 1 cup spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries (other fruit), add a few ice and BLEND A LOT, LIKE A LOT, TILL THE SPINACH IS GONE! It's around 300ish calories and it's good for lunch :)! Makes about 4 cups!
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    wow thanx
  • chari182
    chari182 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a protein shake, but it is delicious! Tastes just like an orange Julius from Dairy Queen :)

1 cup orange juice
    1 cup plain Greek yogurt (sometimes I'll only do 1/2 a cup)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    2 tbs ground flaxseed
    5-6 (large) ice cubes

342 calories

I will usually drink this after a workout or for breakfast if I am in a hurry. You could add spinach or almonds to it as well, but I like to keep mine simple :)
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been having them for the past month.

I start with a little crushed ice,
    water (not juice),
    frozen berries or mangos,
    1 scoop of vanilla protein (pea or whey)
    1 capfull of vanilla extract,
    1 TB of either ground flax or chia seeds
    1 scoop of Amazing Grass Super Greens (totally unnecessary, I just happen to have it and it seems to give me energy)

and I put it in my blender using the High speed/ice crusher function. Delicious and it comes in handy now that I am forcing myself to have regular meals instead of just enormous meal at night.
    I also like them right after a hard workout, bc sometimes I feel nauseated after I workout super hard, but still have to get my nutrients in.

This morning I added half of a Haas avocado (sounds disgusting) but it was soooo good.
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been having them for the past month.

I start with a little crushed ice,
    water (not juice),
    frozen berries or mangos,
    1 scoop of vanilla protein (pea or whey)
    1 capfull of vanilla extract,
    1 TB of either ground flax or chia seeds
    1 scoop of Amazing Grass Super Greens (totally unnecessary, I just happen to have it and it seems to give me energy)

and I put it in my blender using the High speed/ice crusher function. Delicious and it comes in handy now that I am forcing myself to have regular meals instead of just enormous meal at night.
    I also like them right after a hard workout, bc sometimes I feel nauseated after I workout super hard, but still have to get my nutrients in.

This morning I added half of a Haas avocado (sounds disgusting) but it was soooo good.

One day, I made the mistake of adding fresh kale because it was one those "Pinteresting" things to do and: worst.smoothie.ever. It tasted like grass and had the consistency of shards of mulch. I still drank it. But never again.