goals, Goals, GOALS!!!

Options
Hi! I am, yet, another newbie here. My best friend introduced me to myfitnesspal. It looks like it might be the good support group that I have been looking for.

This March, my husband I are moving to London, UK. He is active duty military & I am tired of being the overweight wife. London is a new start of a new life and what a better way to begin than with new healthy habits. Next time I visit the US, I want my friends & family to have a WOW factor.

Goals I know I need to work on:
Overeating
Achieving that hated phrase "will-power" & "self-control" when it comes to food
Not falling all the way off the wagon

Good Luck to us all in the endeavor to Lose Weight in 2008!!!

Replies

• Flowers21
    Flowers21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am, yet, another newbie here. My best friend introduced me to myfitnesspal. It looks like it might be the good support group that I have been looking for.

This March, my husband I are moving to London, UK. He is active duty military & I am tired of being the overweight wife. London is a new start of a new life and what a better way to begin than with new healthy habits. Next time I visit the US, I want my friends & family to have a WOW factor.

Goals I know I need to work on:
    Overeating
    Achieving that hated phrase "will-power" & "self-control" when it comes to food
    Not falling all the way off the wagon

Good Luck to us all in the endeavor to Lose Weight in 2008!!!
  • Beth082485
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I just started at the beginning of January so am very new here as well. It is a great support group here. Although I do not post much, I enjoy reading the wonderful comments and support from others. This site and the people are great, and good luck on your goals!
  • JoyceDoerr
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!

This is a very good site for both information and inspiration!

Good Luck in London!
  • dr_sus
    dr_sus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, set your goals on here. Try to get off to a strong start to stay motivated. Exercise is great but remember that it's cutting your calories that's going to make the pounds fall off. Input every food into this website and you will see what you can eat. If dinner is a special meal, I put it in first so I know how many calories remain for the first part of the day. If you are feeling hungrier one day, be sure to exercise and you will earn 200-300 calories. Don't weight yourself the week before your period. You will be bloated and probably see a high number and get discouraged. Those are my words of wisdom. I am new at this but have seen success following those ideas. Know you can do it rather than hoping you can. :tongue:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Flowers21-Sounds like you are ready. Good luck to you on your lifestyle change. We are all here for you, even when you move to the UK, we will still be here.
    :flowerforyou: