Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Honest question: is gravy paleo? Because that's my favorite part of KFC.
  • thebrokentide
    thebrokentide Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is anything at KFC Paleo? lol
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Chickens aren't Paleo, they weren't domesticated back then. If someone wanted to be actually paleo, they would hunt their own food, but they would rather just be hypocrites
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    and the fact that the gif has 2 black guys is purely coincidental. That is the best "(feces) just got real" without a caption I could find...
  • thebrokentide
    Options
    Chickens aren't Paleo, they weren't domesticated back then. If someone wanted to be actually paleo, they would hunt their own food, but they would rather just be hypocrites

People aren't trying to become cavemen. They are just following a more natural from the earth kind of diet. Paleolithic people spent all day hunting and gathering. It would be unrealistic for someone to have a full time job, social life and hunt and gather their own food. I don't think you understand the paleo diet.

With that said.
    I like the dragonball z-ness
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    FAILeo.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    and the fact that the gif has 2 black guys is purely coincidental. That is the best "(feces) just got real" without a caption I could find...

19.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Options

People aren't trying to become cavemen. They are just following a more natural from the earth kind of diet. Paleolithic people spent all day hunting and gathering. It would be unrealistic for someone to have a full time job, social life and hunt and gather their own food. I don't think you understand the paleo diet.

With that said.

Then what is the point, seems like a huge waste of energy and time for something so pointless....
  • thebrokentide
    Options

With that said.

Then what is the point, seems like a huge waste of energy and time for something so pointless....

If I wasn't writing a paper I'd go into it. It's just a life style (temp diet for some). You're basically taking out processed foods to clense your body of them. Dr. Oz has a segment. I think it can be found on youtube.

Pointless is your opinion, but everyones allowed to eat what they want. So if you think it's pointless just don't do it.

I've done it and lost a **** load of weight, my acne went away and I felt better over all. So, for me it wasn't pointless.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,621 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't writing a paper I'd go into it. It's just a life style (temp diet for some). You're basically taking out processed foods to clense your body of them. Dr. Oz has a segment. I think it can be found on youtube.

Pointless is your opinion, but everyones allowed to eat what they want. So if you think it's pointless just don't do it.

I've done it and lost a **** load of weight, my acne went away and I felt better over all. So, for me it wasn't pointless.
    Cleansing is BS. No scientific data actually supports it. Dr. Oz isn't a great source for nutrition. You lost weight eating less calories and more nutrient dense food. That still can be done without having to go paleo.
    Is it pointless? Subjective, but I do agree about eating more whole foods for nutrition value. But I'm still eating Ben & Jerry's every night along with fast food a couple of times a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

With that said.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/01/can_you_trust_dr_oz_his_medical_advice_often_conflicts_with_the_best_science.html
    http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/dr-oz-bad-science
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/02/04/130204fa_fact_specter
    http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/jref-news/2074-jrefs-pigasus-awards-to-honor-dubious-peddlers-of-woo.html
    http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/02/02/dr-ozs-journey-to-the-dark-side-is-now-complete/
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I think the drinking fountain is about all...everything else is "post-modernist"

1330732021-parks_water_fountain.gif
  • jhalton
    jhalton Posts: 85
    Options
    Grilled chicken...it tastes good, but due to MSG I can't eat anymore.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

With that said.

I love how all your credibility just disappeared as soon as you mentioned the TV salesman!