Harry Potter Themed Weight Loss Challenge

Options
xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
Hey everyone!

Now that I've finished up my last final, I'm looking forward to getting serious about my weight loss. I'm dedicating this summer to kicking those unwanted pounds. I also have a bit of free-time on my hands, and I was thinking about putting together a weight loss challenge to keep me motivated.

What I'm thinking is a MFP group dedicated to losing weight. There will be four teams (based around the four houses), and players will be separated into each house. You will use the others in your house for motivation.

There will be weekly/bi-weekly weigh-ins, and pounds lost will earn house points! At the end of the summer, I will award the house cup to the house who did the best. I will also offer house points though little challenges, such as exercise challenges, eating challenges, and Harry Potter trivia.

I've seen similar challenges from other shows/games/books/movies, and they looked like a lot of fun!

There are still kinks to work out, so this isn't an official sign-up topic or anything. I'm just curious if anyone would be interested before I went about making the group!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun. I would be interested.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I would definitely be interested although i'm curious how we'd be sorted into the houses. If you tell me you have a sorting hat then you are officially the most awesome person ever & i'm coming to rob you! :wink:
  • xxghost
    Options
    I would definitely be interested although i'm curious how we'd be sorted into the houses. If you tell me you have a sorting hat then you are officially the most awesome person ever & i'm coming to rob you! :wink:

That's definitely one of those kinks that I have to sort out. I was thinking about giving people a quiz similar to Pottermore's, but then the houses could easily be uneven. I think I may just let people pick on a first-come, first-serve basis.
  • AshleyCanFlyy
    Options
    Love it! I'd defiantly be interested :D
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This sounds super fun!
  • evelynwray
    evelynwray Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!
  • xxghost
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and work on the group then! Even if there are just a few of us, I think it will be a lot of fun!
  • jon830
    jon830 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go Hufflepuff!!! :D I'm definitely interested.
  • Juliawiatr
    Juliawiatr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yess!
  • Elizabeth_Darcy
    Elizabeth_Darcy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In for Ravenclaw!
  • swinnie239
    swinnie239 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this too.
    (Hufflepuff all the way!)
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I'd like an invitation, too :smile:
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Fine, I'll be in Slytherin. :smokin:
  • rachel_upson
    Options
    Sounds really cool and i'm a potterhead so i would be super motivated :) when would it start
  • Sam5995
    Sam5995 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!! :D Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor!! ;)
  • FightingFree
    Options
    Count me in please! Awesome idea! Ravenclaw all the way :happy:
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Well if we're picking then i'm going with Ravenclaw. I'm a bookworm anyway & it's what the Pottermore quiz gave me too.
  • AshleighCowie88
    AshleighCowie88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Me please :-)
  • oOoNICKIoOo
    oOoNICKIoOo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely be up for the challenge :bigsmile:
  • xxghost
    Options
    This is going to be great! I don't plan on starting this officially until this weekend, but I'll start setting up the rules and common rooms now.

If you're interested, please message me with the house of your choice. It will help keep things here a bit more organized! :D