21 Day Challenge

Options
Psychologists have found that it takes 21 days to reverse a bad habit and begin a new one. Using this finding, I'm starting a personal challenge to go to the gym for the next 21 days straight, whether cardio or strength training. Who's with me?!

Replies

• Evelyn143
    Options
    I'll try it and start today. Whether it's the gym or at home, Imy goall will be 30 minutes everyday for 21 day!
  • Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    I think it's a wonderful idea. I'd join you but I've already made going to the gym a good habit. ;) Good luck to you. You can do it!!!
  • bambee2013
    bambee2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I will workout at home, because I have a treadmill, weights, etc. I definitely need to change. I am going to get up earlier and workout before work.
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    That sounds interesting given that I usually don't make it 21 days when I try to implement healthier lifestyle changes. There may be something to that theory. I'll give it a try.
  • bambee2013
    bambee2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Evelyn, 30 minutes a day.
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    Inam glad that you all are finding this helpful! I think it's going to be tough, but I'm ready!!! Let's keep each other motivated!
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new around here. I'd like to join in if possible! One of my weaknesses is that there are 1001 reasons not to go to the gym and I reckon I've used over 900 of them.:smile:
    "I know I should go to the gym but the car park is full, I forgot my shower gel etc". If I can crack this challenge then perhaps I'll be able to get back to how I used to be.
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi
    5 days in now, anybody else doing this? I've started looking forward to going to the gym again. Throughout the day I'm running through my mind what type of workout I'll be doing next. I hope to see some results from all this effort on Monday when I next get weighed!
  • CMRose
    CMRose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in... 21 happens to be my lucky number! :)
  • JessicaGasparik
    Options
    i'm in too, hope its not too late to join! :)