Clean Eating Protein Ideas

Options
I need some ideas non-dairy, non-soy, clean eating ideas for protein... I already have nuts, seeds and their butters, but I need to pack more snacks on the go.

Replies

• willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    wash your meat!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Homemade beef jerky comes to mind.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Shoot a deer and jerky the whole thing, boiled eggs. I know Farinata is a carb but it has a decent level of protein and is a great snack. It is made with chickpea flour, water, salt and olive oil. We harvest 2 does a year and it saves us a fortune on meat. Oh crud, are clean eaters vegans? If you are, sorry wasn't trying to offend. I know there is a lot of protein in kale so make some kale chips
  • 1Year100Pounds
    1Year100Pounds Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha. Some clean eaters are vegan, I'm not... ENT allergy to dairy, and hormone issues aggravated by soy :(
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    So if I get this right, you are not vegan?

Go with meat. As willnorton said, wash it so it's ''clean''
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Definitely scrub all of your meat before you eat it and use some edible soap as well, and that should make it clean enough. Also rinse your peanuts and other nuts and you're good to go.
  • EthanTheBrave
    EthanTheBrave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are amazing. I personally prefer Red Beet Pickled Eggs. They are simple to make and can be really good on-the-go snacks. (I should know. I spend about 10-14 hours on the road every week)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What does clean mean here? I'm not nitpicking, but I really don't understand.

Hardboiled eggs (as already noted) and smoked salmon/smoked trout are good on the go things if you have workable containers and the issue is you can't refrigerate.
  • 1Year100Pounds
    1Year100Pounds Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Clean eating for me (there are a bunch of ways of looking at it, but Im pretty sure I'm in the norm) is chemical-free/preservative-free foods, hormone-free/antibiotic-free meats, nothing that causes allergies/problems in myself (dairy and soy), less processed, whole food way of eating... I don't think it's reasonable to do it 100%, so I am for 80-90%. Really it's a focus around more nurtients and less processing.