FiberOne bars...

Options
so for some reason on Monday I was craving food in the form of... i just want to eat i don't care what it is i just want to eat
all I had around was fiberone bars
-__-

I ate 4 on Monday... one for breakfast, 2 for lunch, and one for "snack" after work
then I was still wanting to eat (like a beast) so I had dinner...
burritos - ground turkey meat, pinto beans, green chilis, hot sauce, white rice, corn in whole wheat tortillas

that came out to 30g of Fiber and literally has made me sick ever since

anyone else have problems with Fiberone bars? I know I ate 4 lol but still...

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Ummm - yeah. 4 Fiber One bars isn't going to have good results. I think it is the chicory root or something. 30 grams of fiber isn't the issue - its what they use in the bars.
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat Fiber One products of any kind, if I do I get super painful gas! I am not sure what is in those things but try getting your fiber from fruits and veggies! If you're looking for a "bar" try Quest Bars, kinda pricy but good for ocassional use!
  • rparkman
    rparkman Posts: 15
    Options
    I had two of those things one day and wasn't right for a week. I keep some in my pantry anyway just to trick the roommates with now.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    your body will get used to it if you ate them more often (or at least mine did). it just happens.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    They will give me awful heartburn and painful gas. Something in them just doesn't sit right in my stomach. On top of that, they're kind of sickly sweet yet addictive at the same time, so I want to eat more, which is not good.

So I'd rather stick to kashi bars if I really want 'em. Or nature valley protein. At least those are somewhat satisfying and won't make me regret them as badly.

Or Quest bars when I'm really looking to have a full snack/meal
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they are great if you are looking for a complete colon "cleanse" LOL
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My sister ate a whole box one time and regretted it for days.

Those are best saved for moderation and treats.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    they make my stomach hurt soooo bad.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with FiberOne bars.....they do have a lot of fiber though! And they probably got you.....err......uym......plugged up....lol. Especially if you don't typically eat that much fiber! hehehe.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I love them and when i want a " treat" with out going over calories i love the brownies. They also give me terrable gas so now i rarely ever eat them.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes they make me sick too. Even just eating one. Fiber one products have so many chemicals in them. I stay away at all costs. Look for products with fewer ingredients. Trader Joe's high fiber cereal is much better.
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had two of those things one day and wasn't right for a week. I keep some in my pantry anyway just to trick the roommates with now.

LOL! I was thinking about taking the wrappers off and just offering them to people lol
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat Fiber One products of any kind, if I do I get super painful gas! I am not sure what is in those things but try getting your fiber from fruits and veggies! If you're looking for a "bar" try Quest Bars, kinda pricy but good for ocassional use!

quest bars.. YES
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I love the Fiber One brownies! I make sure I only have 1 per day and try to make it only a few times a week, not everyday.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fiber is tricky... too much and you suffer for days, not enough and, well.... LOL

I don't eat meal replacement bars of any kind as I prefer to get everything through real foods although I do use Shakeology.

I love the Fiber One chocolate cereal... low calories, good nutrients, satisfying chocolatey goodness and a good dose of fiber without going overboard. I sometimes have a bowl right before bed and let's just say that I wake up right! :)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten 4 in a day, but I can have a couple and be totally fine.
  • DanielleH1213
    DanielleH1213 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I used to have 1 everyday. But I was getting really painful gas every afternoon. Went on vacation for a week and for to bring any and had no gas. First day back, had one. Yeah I haven't had their products since! Be careful with those.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I can't eat them regularly. One here and there is fine but if I have one a day my stomach hurts so bad I hardly walk. And the pain lasts all day long and drags into the next day.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Eating two in one sitting is risky enough for me.

I've been eating gummy fiber supplements. I'm only supposed to eat 2 at a time, twice per day... but who only eats 2 gummies at a time? I'm betting I could power eat through the entire container with disastrous results.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    your body will get used to it if you ate them more often (or at least mine did). it just happens.

Same here, I love fiber one products. Though if I dont have them for a while and then start again....well it aint pretty. Untill I get used to it again.