my pulse is scary low!?

Options
i just took my pulse, and it is 40 bpm, i feel weird, like i'm about to pass out or something my skin is tingling and cold. any advice as to what is happening? it also speeds up randomly, like its erratic.

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Call 911? Go to an urgent care centre?
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You have an irregular heartbeat, go to the emergency room ASAP!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Seek medical help!!! ASAP!!!!.....and not the internet.
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Call 911
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

THIS^^^^
  • miramirror
    Options
    i'v had this happen before, i think i might be dehydrated
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    you need to be out the door to your g.p/doctor and not asking for advice here, you should be able to figure out that much!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i'v had this happen before, i think i might be dehydrated

What?? So, instead of drinking something or calling a doctor you thought "Hey, whay don't I post about it on MFP"?? I hope this is a joke.

Drink something AND call 911. If you are feeling faint DO NOT get behind the wheel of a car.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My resting pulse rate is in the low 40s.... but I don't have weird tingling sensations or rapid increase in my heartrate....I would suggest a call to the Dr like everyone else thus far.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Some of the symptoms you describe could be dehydration but you would more likely have a RAPID heart rate. Seeking medical advice on this forum is completely inappropriate because the people here are mostly not qualified to give it and, even if they are, it would not be responsible of them to do so without actually seeing you.

You really should see a medical professional immediately.
  • miramirror
    Options
    you need to be out the door to your g.p/doctor and not asking for advice here, you should be able to figure out that much!
    i feel fine, i just feel as if i might had a heart arrhythmia, which isn't life threatening, but it could also be a number of other factors, low blood sugar, dehydration, i'v had this happen before, i might go to the hospital later on today.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    So you were just seeking attention, not advice then? I get it.
  • miramirror
    Options
    So you were just seeking attention, not advice then? I get it.
    no, i was hoping to understand if anyone else had experienced this before. I still feel strange, but i think it may just be me in panic. i feel this everyday, and am getting quite tired of it.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really? Go to ER now.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You might go to the hospital later on. Hopefully if your alive. Next time don't post if your just looking for attention.
  • miramirror
    Options
    You might go to the hospital later on. Hopefully if your alive. Next time don't post if your just looking for attention.
    i thought that a electrocardiogram was needed, i was looking to see if any else with a diagnosed heart arrhythmia had similar symptoms. im a medical student and have asked my professor before, and he told me that he wasn't sure. i do not 'seek attention'
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My pulse ranges from mid 40's-low 50's, but I've never had those issues and I was told it was because I do alot of cardio and is a good thing (by a doctor). You probably need to get that checked out if you think you're dying????
  • jb290978
    jb290978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Troll behavour. Seek professional help instead of posting on a forum.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I feel fine, i just feel as if i might had a heart arrhythmia, which isn't life threatening, but it could also be a number of other factors, low blood sugar, dehydration, i'v had this happen before, i might go to the hospital later on today.

In the OP you said you felt 'weird'.... Make your mind up!
  • gottobethin2014
    Options
    i thought that a electrocardiogram was needed, i was looking to see if any else with a diagnosed heart arrhythmia had similar symptoms. im a medical student and have asked my professor before, and he told me that he wasn't sure. i do not 'seek attention'

if an ecg is needed then emergency dept is the place to be - i hope you sought medical advice - i am a nurse and i even know its not safe to leave arrhythmia's unattended as it places strain on the heart and they can become serious and cause other complications - if you are medical student you should know this