Lifting and hungry all the time

Options
Hello everyone! I am not a complete newbie, but I am not a professional with lots of experience too. I have a really silly question. I lift 5-6 times per week and eat 200 calories above my maintenance daily (I used every calculator available and they all show same amount +/- 50-70 calories). And I eat good food, and get 30% of proteins, 50% of carbohydrates and 20% of fats. And I am either constantly hungry, or totally fatigued or find myself eating waaaay much than my daily calories needs. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much for every opinion in advance!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more. Calorie recommendations are just estimates, and can easily be 10+% off.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Are you gaining weight? If so, how fast? If you are truly eating 200 above maintenance, you should be gaining 1 lb. every 2 - 3 weeks.
  • stassydodge
    Options
    I put on about 4 lbs. since December and now it stopped.
  • shadowdancer5776
    shadowdancer5776 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should increase your calories a bit. I find that honestly........calories don't much matter for me to lose weight. It's more WHAT I'm eating that matters. Low fat protein will never put weight on you so if you're hungry, EAT! Your body needs it or your metabolism will slow down. Lean chicken or egg whites or tuna fish and lots of veggies. Fill up your belly with good, lean sources of protein and veggies. I'm only on here so I don't waaaay overeat. I focus on quality mostly. Your body is smarter than any diet. :happy:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find the more carbs I eat, the hungrier I feel. What about decreasing the carbs a bit and increasing the fat intake? (My diary is open if you want to check it out)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Personally if I'm lifting and STARVING it's usually easily fixed by adding more protein.
    There are some schools of thought that say 1g of protein per pound of body weight.
    At 30% protein, how much are you consuming?
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I second PrimalRunner's advice; I find I am satisfied for longer when I eat more fat and protein than carbs. Carbs just make me want more carbs, and then the next think I know, I've eaten an entire loaf of bread as toast :)