sleep aid

Options
so the last couple weeks my workouts on tuesdays include weight lifting session for 60/75 minutes around 11 am and flag football for 50 minutes between 6:30 and 9. i've had resteless nights two weeks in a row. any suggestions for natural non addictive sleep aids that help hit the REM? if they exist?

Replies

• quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Melatonin always works for me. I am not big on the Tylenol PM etc. stuff because it makes me feel groggy and kinda like my body is addicted to it to be able to sleep.
    hope that helps!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Melatonin always works for me. I am not big on the Tylenol PM etc. stuff because it makes me feel groggy and kinda like my body is addicted to it to be able to sleep.
    hope that helps!

+1

Take it a half hour before you want to fall asleep.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Melatonin is good. Chamolmile tea before bed, a hot bath (10 min. max) with some lavender oil helps too. Spray some lavender oil in your bedroom (non synthetic to avoid headaches in the morning) or on your pillow. Valerian will work if you find your brain won't slow down.
  • dantonn9
    dantonn9 Posts: 13
    Options
    I take 5mg of melatonin every night
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I take 5mg of melatonin every night
    30mg here. Works well.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Here are a few suggestions. You need to wind down before going to sleep. If you need to use a computer near bed time, install a program called flux. It will automatically dim which is supposed to help your brain think it's getting ready for bed. Try relaxing music or binaural beats for sleep. Listen to these on the floor or couch before going to bed.

For supplements one I would recommend is phenibut. It won't knock you out but it will relieve stress and anxiety and when taken near bedtime, it will give you a deep sleep. It does take about 2-4 hrs to feel the effects and I would only use it 2-4 times per week.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the insights everyone!!!
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I take Melatonin, too. I used to take benydryl, but it made me groggy in the am and I have to get up with kiddos.