I need your help!

Options
I am just getting back into working out and eating right. I do better if I something concrete to follow. Does anyone have a good workout plan to lose weight, (I have about 30lbs to lose) I would be happy to lose any of those 30lbs!
Feel free to give me your advice and what has worked for you, and to add me as your friend!

Replies

• karmadoo
    karmadoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track! MFP will be a great resource to you. Good luck and enjoy!
  • kayladouglas
    Options
    When I was going to the gym through college I would do side bends with 10 pound weights and then I would walk on the tredmill for 30 minutes. I felt that this helped me a lot. I even whent and bought a tredmill just like theirs and got some weights as well.
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two things that are easier to do while very heavy are walking in the pool (if you have that kind of pool nearby) and working out on machines. the machines work because you can bypass any that would put stress on weak areas (for instance if you have a bad knee) The pool works very well because the water bouys you up and so you are able to walk for 1/2 to 1 hour without pain. In fact, the walking in the water will give you a very good feeling by the time you are done. These are just my opinions, I am very heavy myself and have many joint issues so I am often frustrated by things like a simple walk and have found that working out in the water is easiest and most rewarding to me onceyou get past the issues of wanting to wear a bathing suit lol
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I really like Insanity, or also Turbo jam punch kick and jam DVD. Or else, I love tennis! That'sa great work out! Really, anything that gets you moving. I know insanity has a day by day workout plan so that may help, otherwise you could print your own calendar out and write in a plan for you to do.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Do you like to walk/run? I needed something structured, as well, so I looked up the Couch to 5K program and just started it yesterday. I like it if someone is telling me exactly what to do and when. I don't really know what I'm doing in the gym, but I looked up a few exercises for arms and legs on the internet and do them in the gym with some crunches, etc.

Good luck ~ you can do it!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for at home DVD's to use, I liked the Jillian Michaels videos.
    30 Day Shred
    Yoga Melt Down
    No More Trouble Zones (my fav!)

At the gym I do step class and core class twice a week.
    Rest of the days I do 1/2 hour stationary bike, then weight train (one body part a day, chest, back, arms, legs) then 1/2 hour on the elliptical.

Good luck.
    Steph
  • Shopgirl33
    Options
    I did look at the couch to 5k. I am going to a Zumba class 2x a week. I am also going to try a kettle bell class. My classes do not start until the 17th :( That is a long time to do NOTHING, so I am going to have to hit the gym.
  • MamboGyrl
    MamboGyrl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Honestly ensuring your track EVERYTHING EVERYDAY here at My Fitness Pal... will guarantee you lose the weight. COMMIT yourself this is your parttime job. EVEN if you chose not to "diet" you will start competing against yourself.

GOOD LUCK!! This is on going for me. I will always need to come back here.... I was down to 134 (from 187), back up 20 lbs. But tracking is the reason I've succeeded in the past.
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    this site is how I have lost 23pounds since sept 30. I never thought the social aspect would do anything but was I wrong!!!!!! it is such motivation to see someone has gone to the gym,or somebody is saying they lost 0.8 lbs!!! I log in as often as I can to stay focused (phone and computer),I bring my own food EVERYWHERE (even to a dinner and I dont care if family is insulted)! even work where I am for over 14 hours. and I have 3 children to take care of,one of them has basketball 8 times a week. So yes you can find the time to organize your food! and I do go to the gym at least 3 times a week, I now do about 40 min of elliptical and 30 min or more of weights. At first I was doing little cardio and more weights but I realize until getting closer to my goal I have to increase my cardio. so good luck!!! and you can totally do it!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,656 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back into working out and eating right. I do better if I something concrete to follow. Does anyone have a good workout plan to lose weight, (I have about 30lbs to lose) I would be happy to lose any of those 30lbs!
    Feel free to give me your advice and what has worked for you, and to add me as your friend!
    I've lost around 30 pounds while doing mostly Slim in 6 and Slim Series. I love my Slim Series workouts. The advice I'd give you, though, is that your food is a WAY bigger factor in weight loss. Lucky for you, you've found MFP! The Food Diary is the best tool I've ever seen for tracking your food. Good luck!
  • karittu
    Options
    I LOVE Jazzercise! For me, it's the only thing I've found that I can stick with it and going 4-5 times per week is completely do-able. I actually look forward to working out! Plus doing additional cardio on the treadmill or elliptical afterwards is great too. Good luck!