100 lbs down! I feel awesome!!! (w/Pictures)

Options
supergirl6
supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
Two things happened to me on Sunday, April 27th. 1) I ran my first 5k of this year and 2) I hit my 100 lbs lost milestone.

So it was kind of a big day for me! Although it was raining the whole time. I was very wet and very cold but it kind of made the whole run a little epic :-)

I'm not done losing, but 100 lbs is no little feat so I decided to celebrate with a success story post. I do not have a magic goal weight number in mind. I'll go probably another 60-75 lbs. We'll see.

February 28, 2013: 337 lbs
April 27th, 2014: 237 lbs

I run. I lift weights. I do yoga. I have a gluten intolerance and a bad thyroid and have found the keto diet is sort of the magic bullet for me, if there is such a thing. My weight loss isn't crazy, about 2 lbs a week on average with some weeks better and worse than others. More importantly, I no longer have to worry so much about gluten. It makes it easy. Or easier, anyway. My skin cleared up, my rosacea stopped flaring up, I went from pre-diabetic to not even close. All my labs look great. I know it's not for everyone, but it is totally for me. I'm so happy :-) And healthy.

I started running at around 320lbs. My first 5k I was doing 22 minute miles which felt like I was flying. I know, crazy, but it was a big deal to me at the time. Now I average 14-15 minute miles. Still kind of slow but I'm happy with it. I've had a little bit of tendonitis in the last month in my right arm, but before that I was squatting 105 lbs. I wanted to cry every time we added more weight. Cry in a good way!

When you go from spending years not being able to climb stairs without hurting to putting your body through challenges and coming out victorious....it's one of the most emotional experiences I've ever gone through. It's life changing and scary and wonderful all at the same time. I still deal with a lot of body image issues, like it is hard to recognize myself in the mirror sometimes and some days it is hard to tell that I've lost anything at all. This is getting better. Talking about it helps, having a strong support system helps. I've also started doing this project for myself where I take a selfie every couple of days and post it to my instagram. I just take one picture instead of 30 trying to find the best one. It has helped me come to terms with how I look and helped me love every picture I take. Now I kind of love looking at pictures of myself :-) Who knew?

With no further delay, pictures!

33mrign.jpg

2nulo2b.jpg

2ag6b2x.jpg

2a7imux.jpg

Replies

• kimmywill1971
    kimmywill1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't see your pictures but with 100 pounds gone, I can only imagine the difference you have made in yourself!! Keep up the good work.
  • sabinekiwi
    sabinekiwi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you are amazing!!! what an inspiration - I can see the REAL YOU emerging.
    Sooo well done, all the best, keep it up and :flowerforyou:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • lmcp1981
    lmcp1981 Posts: 1
    Options
    Amazing. I'm inspired!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    your smile shines through. congrats! i hit a goal today too. today is a great day to be alive!
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are a great motivating so proud to call you a friend. Keep it up hunny you look fabulous! Cant wait to join you in 100lost club. One day at a time!.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    WOW! You've done an amazing job. Congrats and you should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the great work. You're definitely an inspiration
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful job, good for you!!
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That is so amazing. Thank you for sharing. very inspirational!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look AWESOME!!
  • Kejeco1970
    Kejeco1970 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm so happy for you! :)
  • SweetMaryAngel
    Options
    I'm soooo happy for you! That is an amazing accomplishment and your smile is sooo radiant now :) Keep it up!
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    that is insane, amazing job!
  • gclauson
    gclauson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! Shining, radiant, cute, pretty, and healthy! Getting fit! Keep on!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    nice job!

you are doing so good :)
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! What an achievement!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, you look great!
  • SarahAnna87
    SarahAnna87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and an inspiration. Congrats on the running! I know how daunting of a sport (as simple as it is) to pick up. You also look fantastic, so much happier now. I wish you the best on your continued success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!