30 day shred-looking for input

kass22185
kass22185 Posts: 38 Member
Hi! I have started 30ds before but never got past week 1. I am 29 y/o, 5'1" and about 132-134 lbs. I only have about 10 lbs or so to lose. I have been doing zumba classes at the gym 3-5 times a week at 1 hour each class. But I need to add a little something else and I like that these workouts are only 25 minutes long. I don't always log my food here, but I tend to eat anywhere between 1300-1800 calories. I'm not super focused on the number on the scale as much as I am the tape measure... What have been your results for those who dont have a ton to lose. Is this a good plan for me??

Replies

• That shred will kick your *kitten*. Seriously.

I've done it through completely once, and then I've done each workout here and there a few times since. If I had a recommendation to make it would be to use the heaviest weight you can, go at your own pace (these are timed, not rep counts) and focus on form. Jilian does a great job of giving you instructions but pay attention to the way your body feels.

You will def get results. With your diet and exercise currently I don't think it's even a stretch to say you could lose your 10 pounds in 30 days doing this program. I lost 2.25 inches from my waist when I did it.

Good luck!
  • kass22185
    Thank you!! I think the reason I never stuck with it before is that I needed something "fun" to get me going. Well, I've found that with zumba, but I also enjoy doing things like pushups, lunges and squats, so that's why I am thinking its time to give 30ds another try. I didn't enjoy that type of thing when i tried it before. Thank you for responding and the encouragement and advice!
  • bellabananas
    bellabananas Posts: 20 Member
    I did the shred several years ago and loved my results. Make sure to take a rest day (especially since you are also doing cardio) so that your body can recover. Each level is hard at first but seems easy/boring for the last few.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    You SHOULD see some results provided you dont cheat..I personally think alot of people dont focus on form..and it is easy to cheat if you dont maintain proper form.

that being said..it was my first exercise video. I was not eating enough while doing it..but still had weight to drop..I went from 117 to 108 and I did the 3 levels for a month and then level 3 for another month before moving onto ripped in 30. I then upped my cals and now hover between 115-117..a healthier weight for my height of 5'3 (I was entirely to skinny at 108 for my body)

Level one was painful the first 2 days..level 2 kicked my butt..loved level 3.
  • kass22185
    Thank you all! I know its about what I put into it and everyone's results vary, but its so encouraging to hear your successes with it. Im ready to get started! Hoping I can make myself get up just a few minutes earlier of a morning to get it done! Again, thank you!
  • Yay! I'm so glad someone posted about this! I just started (today was day 2). I do it as soon as I drop my older kids at the bus stop. It's a lot for 7am, but it's then or never! I'm definitely feeling beat up today, but it feels good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!