Mommy is lifting weights! ADD ME

Options
I am a mother of 3 trying to lose 30lbs of baby weight. I am really good at getting the cardio in.... but I have decided to add 3 days a week of lifting to help tone up my body and get some muscle! I would love to have people that lift ADD ME.... I am always looking for advice, support and motivation! THANK YOU!

Replies

• Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 2 kids and also lift weights. It has helped tighten and firm everything up, even though I have only lost around 10 lbs. I'll send you a FR. Anyone else feel free to add me also.
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Request sent :) Good luck on your lifting- you will learn to love it almost as much as you love cardio!
  • Courtshorr
    Courtshorr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I have done 2 weeks so far ( 3 days a week) and I am already seeing more definition!!! I am really excited..... but I always have lots of questions! I am so glad to find more moms that lift too!!!
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Request sent as well. I am a mommy of 1 and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lifting weights! Anyone else can add me as well, I am really supportive and I log in every day!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy as well, just came home from the gym. If anyone needs support, feel free to add me.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Are you following a program or doing your own thing?

If you are doing Stronglifts 5x5
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

There's a group...
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Mom of a 1 year old and just got back into lifting weights. Used to lift a ton before I was pregnant.
  • Courtshorr
    Options
    I found an app ( JEFIT) that I downloaded and follow. Currently I am doing the "Woman's Strength Training" routines. It is 3 days a week and so far I like it. I follow up with 30 minutes of cardio. If there is something better out there.... please let me know!! :D

Do you Ladies do protein shakes after your workouts? Are any of you doing weight for weight loss too??? I have about 30lbs to go to get down to where I want to be.... but I don't want to wait till then to add weights.....
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I'm pretty new but I am loving lifting so far!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I found an app ( JEFIT) that I downloaded and follow. Currently I am doing the "Woman's Strength Training" routines. It is 3 days a week and so far I like it. I follow up with 30 minutes of cardio. If there is something better out there.... please let me know!! :D

Do you Ladies do protein shakes after your workouts? Are any of you doing weight for weight loss too??? I have about 30lbs to go to get down to where I want to be.... but I don't want to wait till then to add weights.....

I love Stronglifts, easy and simple.
    www.stronglifts.com

There's also a book/program a lot of people will recommend New Rules of Lifting for Women.

I'm doing it for weight loss. To keep muscle while losing fat.
  • Courtshorr
    Options
    GOtcha! THanks for the add!!!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I"m a mom of 2 little ones with a similar amount of weight to lose, and started lifting a little less than two months ago. Loving it! I will send you a request now :)
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I also loosely follow stronglifts 5x5, and I don't do protein shakes but eat protein bars instead sometimes.