best way to cook chicken breast

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I am looking for a way to cook 1 chicken breast at a time for lunches. I am trying to stay away from as much sodium as possible. I thought about pounding my chicken breast thin and then sautee it in some pam or olive oil. What are some easy and yummy ways you cook yours? I need some ideas? I can broil, grill, and use my stove. Thanks

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I tried sauteing them in broth and it was REALLY yummy. You can get no sodium broth or make a batch of your own and freeze in ice cube trays so you only need take out a TBSPs at a time for cooking.

I also like cooking them cubed in foil packets with seasoning. 350-375 for 20-25 mins usually does it.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Pan sear your chick breast... I love fresh mushrooms... I take alum foil, put a layer in the center of the foil then add your chick breast. Put mushrooms over the rest of the chick breast... kinda like a coating. Wrap up the the whole thing in the foil and bake. 375 for about 15 minutes or until you think your chick is done. You can spay pam on the foil so it doesn't stick. Very good and moist! Just something a bit different.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We cook a lot of things on our George Foreman grill.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i notice no matter how much sodium i eat i just chug water and dont even notice the sodiums effects?
  • ratmamaof2
    Options
    I bake mine with a very little seasoning and make a couple of days worth at a time. Then refrigerate them till I am ready to use them on my salads or heat it up and add vegies and brown rice. I get the frozen ones from Costco and they are easy to deal with and very little mess.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    I use my george foreman grill, bake them, and cook them in the skillet.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I cook mine in the crockpot! It falls apart! I do, however, add some broth to keep it moist. I set mine to go on around noon and it is ready when I get home from work.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Low-sodium broth and a crock pot is my favorite, second is my george foreman grill, or baked with my oven :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I usually cut mine thin and cook it in a skillet with some cooking spray. I cook for a picky eater so I will salt and pepper it and keep it simple, then add sauce to mine after it's cooked. Adding a bit of bbq sauce or topping with some cheese is how I spice mine up, sometimes I cube the chicken and throw some homemade teriyaki sauce on it after cooking it.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas...what do you guys do for spices?
  • KB2184
    KB2184 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some good ideas. I am a very picky eater and do not like most things that everyone else does. This "healthy" thing is NOT easy for me because of it. ANyhow I want to find some good ideas to spice up the things I do eat so that they don't get boring. My husband likes to do chicken his "easy" way which is boil it w/ some spices. I think it tastes horrible. *I have a stove top, oven and crock pot. I do like spices and sauces (BBQ, ketchup, teryaki). I do not eat greens, mushrooms, dressings, onions, tomatos.. Yes I know picky... Anyhow, does anybody have some good suggestions based on my pickyness? - Thx in advance.
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use Cavender's Greek seasoning on all my foods. Not too much sodium in it. :)
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump