How to remove lower abdomen fat?

Options
I've lost almost 10lbs and am not seeing any difference to my belly. It's the biggest part of my body. It's just below my naval where all the fat is. It's like a tyre around my waist. My top two packs are showing and I would like the rest of them to show. I know spot reduction can't be done but is there anything I can do?

Replies

• janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    scissors:huh:
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    scissors:huh:
    Dang it, I was gonna say liposuction. Seriously OP, you can't spot reduce. I wish we could cause that is my problem area too. :flowerforyou:
  • kolarmm
    kolarmm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a personal trainer as well as a health coach and unfortunately there is no way to specifically spot reduce fat, however eating a balanced diet with daily exercise will get you the fat loss you are looking for. Adding in strength training such as scissor kicks, flutter kicks or really an type of abdominal exercise with get you that toned look!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Forgeta bout it!
  • lal006
    lal006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep working at it and focus on getting leaner. It's true what they say. Abs are made in the kitchen! That area will start to shrink eventually.
  • david2133
    david2133 Posts: 58
    Options
    Is there like a rough guide to how many pounds need to be lost for an inch of belly fat to be removed?
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Is there like a rough guide to how many pounds need to be lost for an inch of belly fat to be removed?

no, everybody's body is different. 10 pounds lost for me may be an inch on my waste and it may be 3 inches for somebody else, or even nothing for another.

Just go through teh regular weight loss journey and you will eventually lose the fat, but you may lose it in other places first.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Liposuction can target that specific area.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Did you mean tire?
  • Missymouse75
    Missymouse75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did you mean tire?

Yes I think it would be,"tyre" is the British spelling of "tire" :-)
  • david2133
    Options
    Tyre as in a car tyre. Not tire as in fatigue.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Tyre as in a car tyre. Not tire as in fatigue.
    Seriously? Tire with a y? Like tyre? ??? Lol

yes seriously! that's how us brits spell don't you know!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    razor blades?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Recent studies suggest that stress may contribute to fat accumulation around the mid-riff... at least that's the rumour I started... Look into it.. or don't... SO.. while "spot reduction" is impossible short of invasive surgery... YOU can help yourself by making an effort to deal with your daily stressors... and stresses... learn to meditate, take up a martial art... find something that helps YOU find perspective...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Probably from Australia / Britain where it is actually .. Tyre.

But the issue .. well it is very possible. I have lost 9.5 inches of abdominal fat in the last 8 months (4 in the first month alone. I don't know what I did that month, but I would bottle it and make millions). With lots of hard work .. some resistance training every week, lots of walking, and of course a reasonable calorie deficit will get you there.

I am far from an expert but I agree, you cannot just lose abdominal fat. Your body will lose as it wants to, there is no stopping that.
  • david2133
    Options
    Thank you. The funny thing is I'm from the US so I've been spelling tire wrong all this time! I'm currently in the UK, so I guess that's an excusable error.
  • Limbochia07
    Options
    Hi, have you tried the Clean9 from Forever living? Its a 9 day aloe vera cleanse which has contributed losing weight. Clean 9 (available in chocolate or vanilla) consists of a nine day programme preparing the way for a cleaner, healthier, happier individual. The healthy diet which includes drinking aloe vera gel, and includes natural diet capsules to help you stay healthy. Our aim is to build a trust with every customer and help you to lead a healthier lifestyle. Forever Clean 9 is designed to cleanse your body of unnatural chemicals. All you need is the desire and motivation to follow this programme, along with light to moderate exercise and Clean 9 will provide the tools you require for effective results in a healthy, natural way. By staying committed it shows you how to live your life free from up and down dieting, which is all to familiar. It is not uncommon to lose 12 pounds in just 9 days. Just imagine losing body fat and keeping it off permanently. Please visit the website. It is priced at £119 and totally worth it and have completed it myself with fantastic results.

https://www.foreverliving.com/retail/entry/Shop.do?store=GBR&language=en&distribID=440100867252