Quick breakfast?

Options
I tend to be very very sleepy in the am, and will skip breakfast, then come 11 am I am starving and will reach for anything, and then I binge and screw myself for the day, blah blah blah.

I started drinking a cup of slimfast with my morning coffee. I know it is not a good idea, because of all the freaking sugar, but it is helping me to stay on track with my food intake for the rest of the day.

I would much rather eat real foods, but pouring milk and shaking a glass is about as much as I am able to do in the morning. I am not too sure how to replace it :/

Replies

• Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Every single day I have the exact same simple breakfast. One peice of whole grain toast with 2 tsp of all-natural kraft peanut butter. I drink it with a glass of almond milk. You are suppose to have 3 of the 4 food groups for breakfast and this breakfast gives you your dairy, protein and grains. It is beyond satisfying !! You can have two peices of toast and add a banana or fruit or switch to 2% milk instead of almond if you prefer depending on your caloric intake. It's quick, easy , inexpensive and delicious!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have a frozen breakfast burrito that takes 1.5 minutes to heat in the microwave. My preferred one is from Safeway - it's a Chicken Apple Sausage Breakfast Burrito for 310 calories. Fills me up and is super quick to prepare.
  • rachf2013
    rachf2013 Posts: 69
    Options
    Pouring milk means you can eat cereal! Eat something high in fiber or protein. Kelloggs All-Bran is pretty good
  • gclauson
    gclauson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk, yes, its the shake the blender bottle type breakfast, but two scoops is 300 calories and keeps ya going, its very balanced in terms of carbs/fat/protein. Also its about a buck a meal or less.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    toast and PB
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and blueberries
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    There are TONS of options out there. Grab and go, night before prep, weekend prep, purchased health foods........endless possibilities! Breakfast food is my favorite! My absolute freaking most awesome look forward to meal for me every single day!!! Being prepared is key :)
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am not much for breakfast so I eat 30g of cashews and 20g of hazelnuts just about every morning. They are portable, protein, and help meet my caloric goals.
  • motivatemychange
    motivatemychange Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today I had scrambled eggs on toast. It was the best breakfast I made all week! Hahaha :)

I tend to wake up, go to the gym and come home and have "breakfast" at 10/11am because by then I'm starving and I get to appreciate my food more than if I were to force it down my throat at 8/9am when I first wake up!
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i have 1 cup of silk almond milk and either a boiled egg or egg beaters. I always keep boiled eggs in the fridge for when i am running low on time or just need a healthy filling snack.
  • amejia79
    amejia79 Posts: 8
    Options
    My "breakfast" usually consists of a combination of MCT Oil, Grass-Fed Butter, and 5-10g of whey protein isolate...just some fat and very little protein..having enough carbs early in the morning will throw your body out of a fasted fat burning state

Why Breakfast is Nothing But a Scam
    http://athlete.io/5084/why-breakfast-is-nothing-but-a-scam/

Coffee: 5 Reasons You Can Perform Better & 10 Ways to Live Longer
    http://www.bulletproofexec.com/coffee-5-reasons-you-can-perform-better-10-ways-to-live-longer/
  • fernwehwanderlust
    Options
    A grapefruit with a few slices of fresh (as natural as possible) smoked turkey deli meat is common for me. Or 2 eggs, scrambled, a slice of whole wheat bread with 1/4 tbs of butter, and some cut up fruit if I have 20 minutes to spare cooking. I try to add a lot of protein early on.
  • Mr_Tuumalo
    Mr_Tuumalo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A protien shake!!! Your body is starving as you sleep so some quick digesting proteins would probably be the best thing.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    bagel thin with a laughing cow wedge, slice of cheese and ham or turkey, warmed for 5 minutes on a george foreman grill.
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Why not have a late breakfast?

Say at 10:30am get yourself something small like a poached eggs on toast... or a few pieces of fruit and some nuts. They travel pretty well and you can prep the night before and thow into your bag when you leave in the morning.

It doesn't matter when you eat. Just what. So don't worry too much about having something to eat first thing, just as soon as you know you're going to be hungry be ready with the sorts of foods that aren't going to sabotage you!

I generally have a 2 egg omelette before I leave- I'll throw in whatever is lying around in the kitchen. This morning it was leftover chicken from last night's dinner. I ate it with some green beans. Lovely.
    Yesterday it was grated red cabbage- don't do that unless you like weird blue tinged omelettes!
  • charlesdecelles1
    Options
    Laura, the studies indicate that eating breakfast is a must for healthy living. It sets up your calorie burning for the rest of the day. If you don't eat, your body goes into an energy-hoarding mode that works against your goals. Soooooo......

----I'd like to suggest that you put your health first and work yourself into a habit of eating a healthy breakfast. Some suggest that fresh fruit is the best way to begin the day. I certainly think that is healthy.

We're all learning how to live healthier. There is so much to learn. I wish you the very best!:happy: