Free college events (with food)

Options
So my college always has different events going on, and today they had a 'World's Fair," with foods from all different countries. Holy crap, was there a lot of food!

a highlight of some of the food:
There was Haitian meat pastries filled with either chicken, beef, or seafood (i chose a spicy seafood one)
Hispanic arroz con gandules, chicken, sausage, fajitas, large and mini chicken, spinach, and beef empanadas, and these cute little cookies with caramel in the middle!
Chinese steamed dumplings, shumai, vegetable and beef, spring rolls, various snacks like pocky, laver, haw flakes, etc.
Korean bulgogi and rice cake
Japanese sushi
Turkish delight and baklava
European pork and saffron rice
Middle Eastern pitas with tabouli and hummus (like 5 different kinds), plus some kind of sausage, other spicy meat, and some sort of grilled pizza like thing, and a lot more that I don't know the name of
Then they had large slices of moist pound cake, cupcakes, cookies, and skewers with angel food cake, strawberries, and whip cream
Also, some different kinds of pretty Indian desserts, one was pistacchio flavered.

There was more, i just cant remember! I was smart and brought a bunch of ziplock bags with me :glasses:

This is why college students gain so much weight! Does anyone else in college go to these kinds of things?

Replies

• thebrokentide
    thebrokentide Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We get free cupcakes and cake and such. Around campus there's sometimes companys giving out free stuff, like free redbull, noosa yogurt, etc...

I don't go to enough organizations/events to know what else is going on.