Here we go...again.

Options
Last New Years, my husband and I decided to lose weight, more for our three young children, than us. They are all a healthy weight, but we are not. I don't want them to think it is okay to eat the way we had been eating. My husband lost 30lbs, I lost 20lbs. But I gained all my weight back (husband only gained 10lbs back of course). Here I am again, 2011, with the same resolution, to lose weight for me and my family.

It is much easier to do it with friends, being a teacher, we all worked out together. Then the summer came and I stopped exercising. I want to join the YMCA, but really expense, or is that just an excuse??

Anyway, glad to be here. Love the tools here.

Carol

Replies

• Elizabethhobbs84
    Options
    Good luck this year. Don't let last year get ya down. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. I have about 30 more pounds to go. I work as an assistant for surgical weight loss at my local hospital, so I understand how hard it is. Its all about lifestyle change.
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It is an excuse. But one many of us use. It is so much easier when you have some one to meet up with but if you really committ to yourself, then you will find a way to do your exercise with or without them.

You can also rent workout video's at the library and do them at home if you don't want to pay the Y.

This site really helps if you log in every day and use the tools. I think you will really like it.
  • amycrims
    Options
    its just an excuse : ) i know belonging to a gym can be an expense but its important to prioritize. think about how much money you have to spend on new clothes cause the old ones don't fit- for me that is a lot more $$ than gym membership! im trying to convince myself that getting a personal trainer is worth the money. all the money i'd have to spend on clothes, and shopping and food (ways i use to make myself feel better about myself) is nothing compared to the cost of getting and staying healthy! priorities : )
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi there. I agree, it's easier with friends. Friend request sent! :happy:

Going to the gym can be expensive. Perhaps if you paid for it with money that would normally go towards something unhealthy (lunches out, takeout pizza, that pint of ice cream, that bottle of wine, etc...), it won't hit your budget too hard. I'm trying to get healthy on the cheap this year. I've dug out the collection of DVDs and exercise equipment that I've collected over the years and have been gathering dust in the basement. And it costs nothing for me to go outside for a walk/run. Though it's below freezing and I'd much rather stay inside by the fire :wink:

Cheers!